Chapter 12

I threw my heels onto the ground. I ran so fast. I didn't even know that I could run that fast. Kyle came out of the car and threw his fist up in the air. He trusted me, and I betrayed him. I didn't kill Ellis so why should I be locked up for it. So many thoughts ran through my mind while I was running. I could here the sirens. I had already run so much, they couldn't catch me. I saw a billboard, it said "You are now entering NY." I kept running. I would hide in New York. I hid behind the billboard till the cops passed. I was out of breath. I sat down. The cops rushed past me searching. As soon as they did I started walking towards the hill that was on the side of the highway. I walked down it. All I saw were lights. Street lights, car lights, building lights. Red lights, yellow lights, green lights. It was beautiful. I lived in CT all my life and had never seen a city like this. I could learn to live here. I walked closer to all the lights. I heard a siren and looked to see if it was coming towards me. It wasn't. I continued walking on the millions of sidewalks. I saw buildings of all different shapes and sizes. I saw an apartment building and looked inside. I felt inside my coat pocket and found my credit card. This could work. I walked inside the building. It was beautifully decorated with a chandelier and sofas. I walked up to the front desk and asked "Can I buy a room?" The man behind the desk had perfectly combed black hair and a blue tie. He wore a black suit with a white undershirt. He was small in size. He answered "Do you want 1 bed or 2?" "One" I said. "Perfect," he said, "can I see your credit card?" I handed it to him with a smile. "That will be $20,000" he exclaimed. Maybe I was a criminal, a criminal of my moms money. "What is your name miss?" "Hailey. Hailey Tales." I answered precisely.