Chapter 6

I picked up the dangly earring holding it by the part that you put in your ear. Remembering that I had to meet my dad, I put the masterpiece into my pocket. I felt it dangling in my pocket till I got to the restaurant. I turned left. There standing in front of me was my future with my dad. I climbed up the steps. They looked hard. You wouldn't have to fall on them to know that. The door had curled handles and a soft wood texture. I looked up at the sign. "Dreams" is what it read. This day couldn't have been any more perfect. I held the curled handles, and pulled. The door wouldn't budge. I got very frustrated. I looked at the glass part of the door, I saw it saw it said push. How stupid. I pushed, the door swung open. Great. The restaurant was beaten up, it had a bar that was filled with unwanted guests. Criminals, murderers, and terrorists, were inside here, not my dad. I looked around for him. All I saw were empty tables. Most had scratches, but none were as bad as one. Half of the table was ripped off, the bench was no longer a bench, it looked more like a toilet, and the light fixture above it was just a fixture, no light. Why was this place called dreams. No dad. Just people. A man comes up to me and says, "would you like a drink?" Thinking of what else I could possibly be doing right now I say"no" but decide to sit down.