Chapter 14

We were on our 5th date, I really liked him. We went to the local cafe. He looked me in the eyes and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you Hailey."he said. "Me too," I respond. "You know what" he said, "I don't know your last name!" "Tales" i said. "You?" "Jones" he said. What? Wait, as in the son of Ellis Jones? "I am sorry for your Mom" I said hoping this would answer the question. "How did you know?"he asked. Oh my god, he was her son. Uh oh. "I met her in my old town. She worked at one of my favorite shops,"I lied. "Okay"he said. I saw a tear run down his face. He put his hands on his head. Chris's blond hair looked like it was drooping, his whole body did. His faced puffed up but he still looked cute. "I am sorry" I said. "What for? It's not like you did this to her." "Who did?" I ask. "Some girl named Bailey Saloon, the police haven't found her in a whole year." Wow. I was a criminal, running from the law. It felt weird. I knew he was going to find out at one point. It shouldn't be now. Not on our 5th date. Maybe when we get married? Chris and I have been going out for a couple of months, I mean it is true love. He could propose right now. Just get on one knee and pull out a ring. Whatever. While I was thinking this what I didn't know was Chris was fiddling around with a little ring box inside his pocket.