Chapter 11

I sat down in the police car and Kyle shut the door. I was so uncomfortable, the handcuffs were jabbing into my thigh, my seatbelt wasn't on, and no one knew I was in a police car. They were driving to the county jail. My dad wasn't in that jail. He was in a bigger one. Much bigger. Kyle was silent, I wasn't. "Hey Kyle," i say as if I am not going to jail,"how is your life going?" I was ready to escape at any point. "Actually now that your asking, my life is great..." He went on and on. He never looked back at me because he couldn't see me. There was a divider like thing in the middle of the police car. As he was rambling I was planning my escape from the car. The handcuff keys were with Kyle. Luckily for me, he had hung them up in his car. Somehow he was so stupid he put them in the back where I was sitting. I grabbed them off their tiny hook and searched for the key to my handcuffs. I was on the last key. I put it in the tiny hole and twisted. They unlocked! I took the handcuffs off as quietly as I could, while Kyle was explaining his whole life story in the front seats. The windows were kind of tinted so it was hard to see where we were. All I knew was we were on a road in the middle of nowhere. I put my hand on the door and pushed. The door swung open. "What are you doing back there?" Kyle yelled angrily. The car screeched to a halt. I jumped while I could and ran for it.