Chapter X.

Salma chuckles as she sits in front of Augustus, he was all pampered up. Green tea face mask, hair rollers in his hair, feet were done but his fingernails were in progress. That was very agonizing to Augustus because he had to sit for a long time. Although, he enjoyed it he didn't mind getting his nails painted. The face mask was starting to get really tight on him which means it was doing its job. Salma sits in her bathrobe with her matching face mask and she paints his fingernails carefully.

Whitney Houston playing softly in the background and she kicks her legs as she laid on the bed. "Patrick Swayze or Rob Lowe?" Salma questioned and Augustus hummed as he thought about it. "Well Patrick Swayze can really dance, seemed like a guy who likes to cuddle and preferred to be the spoon but Rob Lowe seems like a really sweet but tough loving guy and I think I'd like that so I'd go for Rob Lowe." Augustus says and Salma hummed. "I go for Patrick Swayze because he was a very sweet and passionate guy. I've actually met him before when I was thirteen years old and I can remember it like was yesterday."

"Tell me about it." Augustus smiled.

"My Dad and my sisters went to California for a trip to go to Disney world but I honestly didn't give a rats ass about Disney world. I wanted to go to the walk of fame and also see the Hollywood sign. So we went to Griffith Park and took pictures then we went to this McDonalds not too far from there. I'm sitting waiting for my Dad to come with our food and I look up, I'm so stunned and there he was waiting in line. I gasped and I was like Johnny? That was the name of this character in Dirty Dancing and he looks at me. I remembered him coming over to me with this huge smile on his face, I hugged him as tight as I could and he hugged me back." Salma tells him and Augustus was so tuned in because he thought that was so cool.

"We hug and he asks me what was my name and I told him Salma and he said, your name means sweetheart so I'm guessing you're a sweetheart. Then he sat with me, and we talked for about thirty minutes while eating ice cream. I told him about how I was battling leukemia and how I wanted to be an actor and he was telling me that I should do it and of course, my Dad wasn't happy about that. Patrick saw the displeasure in his face and he leans down and he smiles-" Salma rested her hand on his shoulder as she leans forward, Augustus leans down as well. "He looks directly in my eyes then he said: Salma, no matter what anyone says, this is your life and you can do whatever the hell you want. If you want to be an actor, be an actor if you want to be an ice cream man, be an ice cream man. Just promise me that you won't get old like me and not accomplish your dream." Salma says and Augustus's mouth parted. "Wow."

"I know, I still couldn't believe he sat with me and ate ice cream with me and told me that. This man was my crush, my inspiration, my everything and my Dad he- he took all of what I had of him way from me once we got home. Ripped my... Ripped my posters down, took my movies away for weeks and made me take math classes also did heavy tutoring. My Mom hated that he did that but she didn't stop him because she didn't think I would ever be like Patrick Swayze, Audra McDonald or Lena Horne." Salma mumbled and she continues back to painting his nails. "I'm gonna make it happen." Augustus tells her and she looks at him. "Auggie, you don't have to—"

"I will, I'm gonna make sure of it." Augustus assures her and Salma smiles as she kisses his cheek. "You're very sweet but you don't have to." She tells him and Augustus was going to whether she wanted him to or not. Salma finished his nails and he sat them under the little dryer. They were a pretty deep blue and she doe his hair, getting ready to meet her Dad. He was still quite nervous about it but he felt relaxed.

They washed their face mask off and Augustus felt a but rejuvenated and his skin felt really nice and soft. "You have such gorgeous skin, I'm so jealous." Salma says and Augustus shyly smiles. "Thank you." He replied and she rubbed his back as she sits next to him on his bed. Salma lays back and she grabs his already dry hand. Augustus lays next to her, turning his body so he can face her, she turns her head to look at him. "Are you okay?" Augustus questioned and Salma nodded as her eyes became watery. "I'm just so glad that you're here, letting me do this to you because growing up I couldn't even do stuff like this because I had no friends. My sisters aren't into stuff like this so it was always just me. My Dad was too manly to paint his nails. I'm glad that I finally have a best friend that will do stuff like this with me."