Chapter XXIV.

Warning this chapter contains:
A lot of cuteness and crying.

Warning this chapter contains:A lot of cuteness and crying

Twelve years ago.

         Banquets are always what Augustus was forced to attend with his parents and he hated every moment of them. The teenager was just fourteen and should be going to parties, hanging out with his friends if he had any and going on dates if he had the social skills. He was missing out on so much that his father didn't care whatsoever, his path to taking over the business was a lot more important than living life. Augustus stayed at their assigned table as he watched everyone talk with one another and he was fidgeting, he was nervous and he was supposed to be up, talking with the rival and sister companies but he was sitting down, pissing off Augustus Senior.

Augustus Senior looked towards Augustus while Edith, his mother was talking. Augustus looked at his father, he was a very tall man, muscular even, he had this very cold look that Augustus shares from the man and everything else was his mother. Augustus Senior was older, silver haired and didn't give a shit about no one but himself. "Get up." Augustus Senior mouthed Augustus, without hesitation, Augustus gets up and straightened out his suit, nervously rubbing his hands against his coat pocket. Augustus feared his Dad but it didn't matter because Augustus feared many things. Germs, kids, children, and anything that had four legs and flies. He was a kid who lacked things that most teenagers would have by now, his Dad surely didn't teach him because all the man taught him to be selfish, not care about other people's feelings and being a complete narcissist, all that of course never seem to stick to Augustus even if it tried.

Augustus felt an arm wrap around his neck, he froze because he knew it was his father and he stood still as Augustus Senior laughed with some people, pretending to have a good time as always when he was just an asshole. "Augustus, boy, come over here and tell these people how you will make the company better once you take over?" Augustus Senior says and Augustus moved his Dad's arm off of him, he cleared his throat as he looked at the two men and the woman. "I want to... create programs for college students including HBCU colleges. I want them to... already have a foot in the door to our company. I want to make a scholarship for children who want to be game designers or graphic designers and much more. I think we should... expand our company to Japan, India and Africa. Imagine the amount of talent, intelligence we would receive—"

"That's enough." Augustus Sr huffed.

Augustus could see the look of embarrassment his father had and the group of people he was talking to looked as if Augustus was just talking gibberish. Augustus knew that whatever he says and does wouldn't be enough for his father. His father was going to kill him when they get home. Augustus's mind was to progressive and liberal which was nowhere near the same mindset as his father, that's what made his father despise him even more.

Augustus sits back down at the table and he sighed as he looked down, he rubbed his face and he looked around and he watched people talk amongst each other and Augustus could feel his father gaze at him every now and then, giving him this look of disapproval and disappointment.