Chapter XXXII.

Augustus now had a lot of time on his hands and it honestly ate at him a little because what was he going to do now? He looked over at Salma who was reading a playscript and he looked over at his watch because Mickey nor Dowen were out of school yet

Augustus now had a lot of time on his hands and it honestly ate at him a little because what was he going to do now? He looked over at Salma who was reading a playscript and he looked over at his watch because Mickey nor Dowen were out of school yet. He honestly hated that they had to go to school because he really missed them when they were away. It relieves a lot of parents that their children are away and at school but Augustus was home now all the time, he wanted them there with him. "So this is how it is... I don't know if I can do this. I've done everything on my agenda. I cleaned, already prepped dinner, went to get my suits dry cleaned, I even went to visit the office. It's only eleven in the afternoon." Augustus mumbled.

Salma chuckled a little, and she rubbed his arm. "Sweetheart, it's okay to have a little free time. Once they get home, you're immediately occupied with the boys, so relax." Salma remarked and Augustus exhaled, he was quiet for a moment and he began to shift around on the couch to try to get comfortable and relax but there was no use. He looked at Salma and he smirked. "You can... help me relax." Augustus said slyly and Salma drinks some of her coffee. "I'm trying to study this script so... you can help yourself relax for the time being, but since you are home more often, that means I get to keep you up all night long." Salma says and her eyes didn't leave her script.

Augustus grumbled, and he rubbed his hair. "Fine and why would you want to keep me up all night long-" Augustus paused, and he looked at Salma, a sudden chill went down his spine and he shyly smiled. "Oh..." He mumbled and Augustus gets up, he looks at his watch. "So.. today is Dowen's turn." Augustus announced and Salma nodded with a small smile.

Augustus or Salma would take turns having lunch at the boy's school. Dowen and Mickey went to two different schools. Mickey went to a private school and Dowen went to a Korean all boys' school. Dowen was going to go to Mickey's school, but the parents felt Dowen needed to be around people like him, who spoke the same language as him and have the same culture. Dowen somewhat enjoyed attending his school because he was thinking there weren't a lot of boys like him when there're communities all over New York.

"Make sure you give Dowen my hugs and kisses." Salma chimed as she watched Augustus leave.

"I will." Augustus replied.

Augustus drove to his son's school and Augustus was a bit nervous even though he has done this before. His teachers didn't really like Augustus because they saw him as this rich white man that adopted an Asian child for show when Augustus was not like that all. He hated being compared to people like that.

Augustus signed in at the front office and it was a lot of judgemental stares and mills every single time. He wondered if it was the same for Salma but he doubted it because Salma was a woman that made everyone smile and she was naturally a comforting person. Augustus was a guided to the cafeteria where the students ate.

Eyes from every direction fell onto him, and he was used to it. His eyes looked around and he sees Dowen at his usual table, sitting by himself and he was eating with his head down as if he was ashamed of eating in front of everyone. Augustus exhaled because him and Salma have been trying to break him out of that habit. Being one of the many boys in the orphanage, food was limited and Dowen said the reason why he did all the time was because sometimes some of the boys wouldn't get portions so he would hide himself so the others wouldn't feel bad.