Chapter XIII.

A couple of knocks come from the door and Augustus pops up, him being the light sleeper that he is

A couple of knocks come from the door and Augustus pops up, him being the light sleeper that he is. He runs his hands through his hair as he groggily walks over to open the door. He opens the door and he sees Aurelia, she grimaced as she sees Augustus very sleepy state. "Sorry.. I was gonna ask Salma if she could take me and my sisters to school because we kinda don't want to take the bus to school." Aurelia mumbled and Augustus looks back at Salma who was sleeping peacefully, he didn't want to wake her up and he rather for her to get the sleep that she needs.

"I'll take you guys." Augustus says and Aurelia parted her lips, she lets out a small exhale. "Are you sure? We don't want to be a burden because we know how tired you two are." Aurelia mumbled and Augustus shakes his head. "No it's okay, I want to take you plus Salma she really wants me to get to you know you guys better." Augustus tells them and Aurelia smiles as she nods. "Yay, okay, I'll tell my sisters." Aurelia smiles and Augustus grinned with a nod. She leaves and Augustus shuts the door, he raked his hair out of his face and he sighs as he goes over to the bathroom to do his morning routine then he goes to the dresser and he gets out some clothes. A simple black long sleeve with some jeans and his Chelsea boots. "Where are you going?" Salma questioned and Augustus turns around. "I'm taking your sisters to school, Aurelia came to ask you but I volunteered to take them." He explained and Salma yawns as she nodded. "Oh good, you be careful." Salma says in her sleep and Augustus kisses her head and he rubs her back for a moment.

Salma starts to snore lightly and he smiles a little and he makes sure the covers are over her fully then he kisses her head before leaving out the room. Valerie comes out of her room and she stops in front of Aurelia. "Oh, I thought Aurelia was joking with us when she said that you were taking us to school." Valerie says with a bit of guilt on her face. "I'm a man of my word, also gives me some time to get to know you guys better." He tells her and Valerie hummed in response, she looks at her watch. "Well, we all for ready early because when Salma usually is in town. She would take us for breakfast, I bet Aurelia didn't tell you that." Valerie remarked and Augustus shrugged. "It's alright, where does Salma usually take you guys?" Augustus questioned and Valerie starts walking, Augustus follows. "To a Waffle House that's down the street, it's a really good place." Valerie explained.

Augustus waits downstairs while they wait for Yasmine and Jesse to come down. Yasmine comes down and she was toying and messing with her hair with this look of frustration on her face. "Salma, I need your help because there's this boy—" Yasmine freezes when she sees Augustus but no Salma.

Augustus gives Yasmine a little wave and Yasmine stood there with shock one her face. "Oh.. um... never mind, I'll just..." Yasmine's cheeks became red by the second and he didn't want her to feel embarrassed, especially about girl problems or issues. Augustus gives her a soft smile, it conformed her and Yasmine rested her shoulders as she looks at bin. "It's okay, what do you need help with?" Augustus questioned her. "I.. this is so embarrassing because there's a boy. I didn't know how to my hair because I never do my hair, I always just add water and keep it moving." Yasmine explained and Valerie rolled her eyes because she wished that she could just do that but her hair would suck in that water so fast.