It Was You

(Dick Grayson x Reader)

Summary: After being a vigilante for a good amount of time and working alongside Nightwing you finally find out who he is

Requested: yes, by a marvelous anon

Request: Can you do an imagine where dick meets a new vigilante and they fight along side for multiple missions but neither of them know the real identity of the other and during a mission the girl gets serious hurt and dick realize it's his fiancé?? Fluff and sadness maybe? Thank you 😇💜

Warning/s: there's a sad moment I think

Authors note: I am sorry for the wait and for using Dick's ass again in this imagine, I just had too because my God that ass! Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

Nobody pushed you into being a vigilante, but in a world you live in you thought that a few more vigilantes wouldn't hurt.

And that's how (vigilante/name) was born. Your skills were much like Batman's even though you weren't trained by him. But you did go to self defence classes and were the best one there.

The only thing is that your fiancé, Dick Grayson, never knew about your double life nor were you planning on telling him about it. You knew he would try and stop you from it and you didn't want to take that chance.

"(y/n), I think I'll have to work the night shift again."

"Awe Dick come on, you always work the night shift, this was supposed to be our night." You told him.

"I know babe, I'm sorry," he said kissing your left cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too." You said with a smile.

You would never admit it but having Dick on the night shifts really helps you since you don't have to sneak out of the apartment.

Even though you have a loving boyfriend and you would do anything for Dick, you just couldn't help but to feel excited to see Nightwing again, the vigilante you've been fighting against for a few months now.

You knew that it was wrong but it technically wasn't cheating, even though you've been getting a feeling it is. As you finished your coffee you quickly dressed into your suit and went out on the mean streets of Gotham.

"(v/n). Always a pleasure to see you."

"Nightwing. As I recall the pleasure is all mine." You said back to him. He turned around and began talking about Two Face and his plan to do something.

'Oh God that ass' you thought to yourself as you looked at his round goodness.

"So you know the plan?"

"Hmm? What plan?" You asked him, confusion written on your face. "The plan on how to take Two Face down? Weren't you listening (v/n)?"

"Oh! Oh that plan! Yeah I got it, I thought you had another plan, but don't worry I know the plan, yeah..." You said trailing off.

What were you supposed to say to him? 'Oh no sorry Wing I wasn't listening to you 'cause I was admiring your ass', that would be stupid.

"Okay so when they get here you attack them from the left and I'll join from the right. Got it?" Nightwing asked you, "Yup, I get it." You replied to him. You two got to a storage where Two Face was supposed to be at. And he was but also some thugs you thought you can handle.

The key word there is thought, just as you were done fighting with a thug another came and punched you in the face then took his gun out and fired, shoting you right in the stomach. "(v/n)!" You heard Nightwing scream but the sound of his voice faded quickly.

"Oh no. (v/n) you're gonna be okay." He told you but you heard him mumble, "Shit, shit, shit, shitty shit."

"N-no, no I-I won't. Wi-ing, promise me..." you stopped to take a sharp breath, "Promise me something."

"Anything (v/n),"Dick said applying pressure to your wound. "Tell my fiancé that I lov-love him and always w-will." You said while still breathing heavily, "I will, just tell me the name."

"Dick...Dick Grayson." You said still gasping for air. Nightwing just looked at you in amazement. (v/n) couldn't be his little (y/n). As he lifted his hand and took the mask from your eyes he saw the face he fell in love all those years ago. The luscious lips, the soft hair and (e/c) orbs.

"No, no it can't be. Oh God, oh God no please!" Was the last thing you heard before fainting.

You woke up to an astonishing pain in your stomach, "Ugh... What the hell happened and...where am I?"

"(y/n)! You're finally awake. You've been in a coma for three weeks now, I thought I lost you!" Dick said with tears running down his face, "When that thug shot you-"

"Wait, what thug, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Don't lie to me babe, I was there I saw." You thought through his words, "You're Nightwing!" You screamed, "Ow."

"Take it easy sweetheart, please. But yes I'm Nightwing. I am so sorry I never told you (y/n)." Dick said, "No it's okay. I never told you about me being (v/n)." Dick smiled at you and put his forehead against yours, "I love you (v/n)." He whispered.

You whispered back, "I love you too, Nightwing."