Chapter 10

I laughed.

"Wow okay," I said chuckling as I wiped the few tears that had escaped my eyes.

Soulmates. Lol.

Zákïël was frowning at me. He stood up and picked up my bowl. "Okay okay, I'm sorry." I tried to keep a straight face but I kept cracking. He frowned hard at me one last time before turning on his heel.

"Zákïël!" I called out. I got to my feet and took an unsteady step forward. I felt my legs shake and give out. I expected to hit the ground like last time but thick arms wrapped around my waist and brought me to a deliciously rock hard body.

And yes, I did say delicious.

"Thank —" I looked up and felt all of my mirth drain away. Zákïël's face was less than an inch away. His eyes were hooded and were gazing almost lazily at my lips.

Mine dropped down to his too and I took note of how good he looked with them just barely open. His tongue came out to wet them and I felt myself tremble.

"Hyde," his breath fanned out against my lips.

"Yes?" I said softly.

"You need to rest." He leant his forehead against mine and the moment felt deeply intimate and affectionate.

"Says who?" I curled a hand around the back of his neck. Those pleasurable feelings travelling wherever our skin met. He closed his eyes.

"You've been out for a day. You need —"

I snapped out of my trance.

"What?" I pulled my forehead away from his but kept my hand around his neck.

He looked at me, "The healing took a lot out of you. You've been asleep since that day and yesterday."

"What!?" I pulled back completely but forgot about my legs. Zákïël hooked his free arm around my waist and pulled me towards his chest again.

"Oomph."

He led me towards the bed and sat me down.

"I'll be right back and then we can talk again. If you feel lonely —" I gave him a blank stare, "— then Alabaster can keep you company."

"Alabaster?"

"The shadows around you." He replied. His eyes quickly took on a mischievous glint.

"You know, the same shadows that keep turning you on —"

"OKAY! Yep, I know who Alabaster is!" I said blushing. He chuckled and walked out of the room.

The shadows — no, Alabaster, twined down to my arms and torso.

"You have an unhealthy obsession with me," I muttered at him.

A sharp pain accosted my neck and I reached up to put my hand over Ghoul. I looked at the shadows slinking around me and felt Ghoul with my fingertips. My eyebrows furrowed as I got an idea.

"You know... I'm not entirely sure I actually like you," I said to Alabaster. Immediately a sharp pain sprung from my neck.

"I knew it!" I cried.

"Knew what?"

I let out a shriek as I jerked back on the bed. Zákïël was standing opposite me and looking at me with amusement.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" I told him.

I patted the space next to me. He took off his shoes before sitting down next to me. The bed dipped and I ended up sliding almost halfway into his lap.