Prologue

Everyone wants to meet their soulmates; the person destined to be with them until the end. However, some can't afford this luxury of finding the one.

Some die trying.

Some die alone.

Some just... couldn't find the right one.

But what if, a watch embedded on your left wrist could tell you when you'll meet your soulmate? Would you like to know?

If you think everyone said yes, you're wrong.

A certain brunette abhors the idea of meeting hers...

But it was not always like that. Because once a upon a time, she was innocent.

"Mom, what's this thing? Why can't I remove it?" The seven year old Jennie asked her mother who was busy mixing milk for her youngest sister.

"Oh. That." Her mother's smile was distant, as if recalling a past memory.

"I can't get it off, mom." Said Jennie while pouting.

"No. You can't. I have it too, see?"

The little girl stopped pulling the device and stared at her mom's wrist.

"Then what's it for? Time? But I can't read time..."

The mother chuckled. "No, honey. Do you know what soulmates are?"

"Soulmates?" She asked innocently.

"Yes. Soulmates. It's the one destined for you. Like me and your dad, we're destined for each other."

The young Jennie jumped in glee and boast fully said, "Then me and my soulmate would be like you and dad. Perfect."

However, as years passed, Jennie saw the ugly truth.

Life and its bullshit fairytales.

I don't want to meet whoever that is.

And so, she covers her watch with anything that could block it out.

No, thank you..

//

Yooo. I forgot I have this story and unpublished it. I'll try to continue this one again 🤧