Green

Don't own the pic. sorry for any spelling errors! More sexual, not as horrible as yellow, but still...

Actually, it might be worse, but not because of the sexual citrus...

You were at the grocery store again. Your parents were visiting and they were supposedly bringing someone for you. You knew what that meant. They had done the same thing last year and apparently, they planned on doing it again. They were trying to find you a boyfriend.

They thought that since they couldn't talk you into selling your grandmother's house, they could at least give their socially awkward daughter some company to help her take care of said house. It offended you that they even assumed that you needed anything of the sort.

They've tried for years to make you go out more and have regular human interactions. It started out with them forcing you to meet their coworkers significantly older or younger children. Then when you were in high school, they paid someone to be your prom date, something which you never really got over. Not to forget the time your mother made you a dating profile. When you had graduated, your mom made you a tinder profile and forced you on blind dates which ultimately lead to some extremely awkward transactions since most people took your profile the wrong way.

"I like trying knew things and I love having fun," was definitely not something your mother should have put on a dating app that pretty much revolved around one-night stands.

Even with all that failure, they continued their foolhardy antics and it bothered you to no end. You say 'they' like you father was actually involved in the fiasco. In truth, your mother was the ringleader.

Yeah, you were lonely and the large house was just about as scary as a haunted hospital at night, but you had cats and that basically solved all the problems you had.

And speaking of cats, you had a new visitor. She was a young black cat with green eyes and she seemed to like the indoors more than the other cats that visited. She liked it so much that she decided to make your bed her own. Because of that, she often slept beside you.

She chose you; she was basically yours.

Her grass green eyes reminded you of the spring and her ebony coat was so dark that it looked as if there was a cat shaped hole moving about your home. She just seemed to be with it, going with the flow of things and adapting effortless. Additionally, she was far too kind.

You see, you had two new residents in your nice and cozy home. There was a rat that decided to eat what was left of your crackers in the cupboard and then there was cat who did nothing to stop it. The rat didn't only like Ritz, but it also had a passion for chewing on wires and you little cat was just too benevolent to kill it.

That was why today, on this extreme stressful time, you were going shopping so that everything my turn out well. Not only were you shopping to get things to appease your folks, but you were also buying traps to let that rat know that it's days were numbered.

You sighed, walking down the aisle and towards the direction of the cash register. You were gonna cook something simple and filling. There was no need to dilly-dally for longer than you needed and you were so ready to check out, eager to play with your cat again.

(And also to absolutely destroy the rat that ate all of your snacks)

When the cash register came in sight, you immediately groaned. You were already having a bad day, but now you are starting to think that you were just plain unlucky. Of course, Bernard was there, his family owned the store after all. He was not the problem. The real issue was who was along side him. Leaning on the ice cream cooler next to the register was Bernard's grimy little bastard friend, Gregory.