Violet

Let me know if the plot is confusing. I didn't do much proof reading so... sorry. It's been a tough few months you know

The art can be found here
https://weheartit.com/saiu16

The "new" guy wasn't new here that was for sure. Dan Hyacinth, who was the mayor of the town, made sure to advertise his most recent accomplishment at his two story home on the better side of town. A lot of woman had supposedly been talking about this accomplishment, even Ms. Marigold seemed to be interested in it and she wasn't one to go for men that young.

You hated how Dan did that, made his boy seem like a trophy instead of his son. Honestly, it was pitiful. You believed he was 24 now maybe a little younger. You had met him once before, about maybe nine years back– Ian he liked to be called. This was back when Dan was just a charismatic construction worker and not the mayor. Even with such a humble job, he and his wife Rin Hyacinth, one of the most successful realtors in the county, were still quite arrogant.

Yet, they liked your family enough to want to be friends. Usually, she and her husband would come over to your grandma's with cakes and snacks. They would make small talk, but you were only in it for the cakes so you never paid them any mind. Then on one particular afternoon, your grandma had informed you that you and her would be the treat-bringers for once. You didn't even want to go, but she had convinced you by promising to make more of her famous snickerdoodle cookies just for you.

You remembered that when you got to the beautiful estate, that you were too afraid to go any farther inside. You felt like, even without your shoes, that you would track in filth into their shiny clean floors. Their home was big and painted white and there was a rumor that Dan and a couple of his friends built it all on their own. It had a dark roof, not a single shingle missing and a brick walkway that had not a crack. Not a single weed was on their green lawn... nothing about them was out of place. Their home was surrounded by lavender, purple hyacinths, and red roses. And the smell that hit you're nose when Rin had let you in could only be described as warm and homey.

You were just standing there by the door, mostly in awe and minding your own business when someone had ran into you from behind.

You looked back at them, the whites of their eyes red and the skin around them puffy. Those eyes were a light purple, no they were blue? You couldn't tell at the time, but once the initial shock of getting pushed had left you, you realized that the person in front of your was just a boy. You didn't recognize him, you had never seen him in all the times that you visited your grandmother in the small town.

His slightly wavy hair was a cold dark brown and he was soaked to the bone. His clothes stuck to his thin frame like a second skin. Nothing was out of place in this home, not even the residents, but this boy...

He was a mess, yet his disarray calmed you and reminded you that the Hyacinths were human as well.

"Are you blind?!" He yelled. "Why the hell are you standing by the door like that?! Who are you—"

You ignored his negative behavior. He left cheek was bruising up, that being all you could focus on. You didn't blame him for his outburst after noticing that he was hurt. You'd act the same way if you had experienced a day as bad as his seemed.

"Are you okay?" You asked, your eyebrows furrowed. "What happened?

You remember that he had opened his mouth to say something, tears collecting in the corner of his beautiful eyes once again, but before he could even utter a word, his parents and your grandma came out the kitchen laughing about something you didn't care about. Ian closed his mouth, his distressed expression going neutral and then to a scowl.