Indigo

I do not own the picture BUT, I did edit it, because the only picture of twins I could find that had blue eyes didn't have the feel I wanted. You know which ones I'm talking about right? They have blue eyes, blue hair, one has a scarf on... I dunno I just didn't want to use it.

Enjoy!!

The night shift was always the most terrifying. Now originally, you would have never imagined working in Richardson's store, but Bernard hadn't been feeling well after his supposed best-friend Gregory had embarrassed him in front of you and everyone in the grocery store. Poor Bernard had a panic attack and you, which was out of character, had completely snapped on Gregory.

The feeling that arouse in your chest, in your heart, was a deep dark blue. Your tone was icy cold as well as your glare. It was then that you realized you had a voice and with your newly found confidence, you volunteered (you just couldn't say no) to take over for Bernard.

What you didn't know was that Bernard worked from noon to ten at night and he wasn't even allow to go back home until every task was done. You would have thought those hours were outrageous, but then you found out that they paid him well by the hour.

The store closed at nine, but occasionally someone would come in around five before nine and just ruin everything, because you were too afraid to tell them to get out at closing time. Then after that, you would restock for about an hour and lock up and leave at ten. It was tedious work, but it was worth it knowing you were helping someone.

The week you had begun working there, you noticed a mysterious individual. They would come in everyday right before closing time. The only thing you remembered about them was their cold dark blue eyes. The artificial light of the grocery hit their irises differently and you couldn't quite tell if their eyes were an odd violent or a deep shade of blue. Either way, their eyes were unique and probably seen as a rarity. The way the looked stuck with you.

Yesterday, they had bought a single pink lady apple, which they had begun eating right after purchasing. That was the first time they had spoken to you, and not once had you seen them after that.

The mysterious person was a him. His voice was attractive to say the least. Listening to it was like being caught in a summer night's breeze. It was refreshing, yet it was also cold.

That didn't make the man any less creepy though. No matter how handsome or nice they may seem, you could never feel safe alone with any stranger, especially a male stranger. That wasn't even you just being a recluse, it was a universal fear of many many people–to be alone with a man.

Currently, you haven't seen him—not once—after he had spoken to you yesterday. He asked if you had any change for a twenty. He wanted a ten, a five, and five ones exactly.

Now any sane person would have just given the man what he wanted because he was nothing but a costumer, but you were abnormally paranoid. Your hands shook and you couldn't even stare into the man's eyes. As soon as you went to take the money out of the register, thoughts swarmed you. You wondered if he was gonna rob you. A normal person wouldn't walk into a store, hoodie up and head down... well... you did that sometimes, but you were sure the strange man was gonna rob the place. He was avoiding the cameras for goodness sake.

But he didn't rob you, in all actuality, when he saw how shaky you were, and this is just an assumption, he looked concerned, or at least sounded concerned.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

And that was the time the mystery man had spoken to you.