White: Christmas Special

I do not own the pics!

Btw I will fix the order of the colors as soon as I publish indigo and violet....

There was no one to spend your Holiday with. The holidays came quickly, one day it was June and then next came Halloween, then it was Black Friday, and that next day, it was Christmas. You weren't prepared for it, not for the cheer, nor the intense emptiness that you felt everyday without your problematic but loving family. It all felt incredibly off.

When you accepted your grandmother property and land, your parents had told you right then that they wouldn't visit you as often as you liked. They refused to step foot in the woman's house and you didn't really know where they're deep hatred for your late granny actually came from.

Your parents knew that you didn't like long car rides and they knew for sure that you would be dead if you had to spend a day driving to go see them yourself. Buying a plan ticket so late in the game wasn't really an option either. The reality of the situation really saddened you. It would be your first December all alone. You would live through the holidays without the warmth that always came with the festivities.

On top of that, just like your luck would have it, your dryer had decided to just die on you. While you were washing your lovely white sheets, something short circuited and well... your dryer blew up. It didn't go up in flames, it just kinda gave up. The lid popped open, there was some smoking too, and that was it.

You had loads of dirty laundry piling up because you were too lazy to call a maintenance man. A few day before Christmas Eve, you had finally decided to give the maintenance company a call in which they responded to you by leaving you on hold for an hour just to tell you that everyone was on holiday leave.

You thought that maybe you could wash your clothes by hand and dry them outside. However, you later found that was a stupid idea. You did a test with an old ruffed up T-shirt and your suspicions were confirmed.

Your shirt froze solid.

So that night, you decided to go out to the 24 hour laundromat and do a little washing just so you could put away all the dirty clothes that rested on your bedroom floor. It would be way quicker than air drying them all inside and getting water everywhere.

You placed two loads of laundry in your car. One load was the white clothing that had went sour because they could not dry properly and the other were just necessities like underwear and towels.

You had to let your car run for a few minutes because all your windows were frozen over. It gave you time to observe what you had be avoiding for so long. The harsh winter. You hadn't left your house since the frost started to bite. You had lots of money, a decent amount of frozen meals and non-perishables, Netflix, and you had gathered and bathed as many cats as you could so they could keep warm in your company, which added up to about three very well behaved adults and a rather whiny pure white kitten.

The snow went up to your ankles, which isn't the worst you've even been in, but it still annoyed you. You looked out at the dark shoveled roads. You could only see as far as your porch light would allow you and you couldn't help but sigh as you knew it was going to be a very long night.

The snow began to fall on your way. It got harder and harder to see the road, but you made it. By the time you got the the laundromat, the snow fall seemed to clear up some. For once, it felt like your prayers were answered.

You unloaded your car full of laundry baskets, hopeful that the drive back home was going to be much less scary than it was on the way. It seemed like that would be the case and you let out a soft little cheer, feeling blessed and happy about the slightly nicer weather.