Blue

I do not own the photo. Sorry for spelling!!

You finally took a trip out of town. Of course, you were not paying for it. You wouldn't never use the money your grandma left you for something as unnecessary as a vacation. Your house in the middle of nowhere was already a perfect paradise in your eyes.

You were invited by the Richardson's to go to a resort in the warmest part of the region. It was a semi-popular vacation spot because of the beach town around it, the super colorful carnival on the boardwalk, and the clean beach. You doubted that there would be a lot of people during this time as school wasn't due to end until June. Mr. Richardson, being a wealthy country man, just thought that it would be nice to take a break from life just for a week or so before the official summer break.

They invited you ,of all people, to join them for a fact. You assumed that it was out of pity or maybe it was the fact that your grandmother was a valued customer till the very end and they wanted to thank her through you, you didn't really know, but you did know that the Richardson family seemed to be quite fond of you.

You could image the place. There would be street performers and many hidden gems such as authentic home style restaurants and street food. The beach was wide and you could buy and find things like sea glass jewelry and sand dollars.

It was just perfect.

And yet... there were far too many people who could ruin that experience for you. The car was already stuffed with six people, Davey's girlfriend included. Out of the five people, excluding you, three of them could pose potential problems for you. Bernard, Davey, and Davey's girlfriend Amanda. Bernard and Amanda were kind people, both only being a tab bit annoying for the same reason. It was their lovesickness and clinginess that actually bothered you, but other than that, they were okay.

It was Davey who could make you want to fling yourself into the ocean.  His handsome face did nothing to cover his inside personality.

You were gonna room with Amanda. Everyone else seemed to be okay with that, everyone but Davey. As soon as the car pulled into the parking garage at the hotel, he had whined about the rooming situation. He complained about it all the way to the front desk of the nice hotel and subtly hinted that he wanted to room with you when you all obtained your keycards, even going as far as asking Amanda to trade with him. He wanted to room with a girl, not his girlfriend, a girl. It didn't matter who the girl was, just as long as it was a girl.

That was pretty much how he phrased it and Amanda seemed quite bothered by it, so much so that she had grabbed your hand and dragged you and your luggage off to your shared room immediately.

She swiped the keycard and slammed the door open, dragging you into the nice room and slamming the door behind her. Then she proceeded to burst into tears.

You didn't know what to do. You didn't really deal with people anymore, not after high school. Luckily, her crying didn't last long. Her sobs turned into to sniffling.

"You wouldn't steal Davey would you?" She asked, looking at your with red puffy eyes.

The look you gave her said it all. Davey was a horrible person. Even you were aware that a relationship with him would be detrimental to your mental well-being. "Never in my life, no offense."

She laughed softly, her voice cracking a little, "none taken." Her mascara was running. She wiped her eyes and smeared the black makeup across her face.