Black: Halloween Special

The art was by 23i2ko on insta

Happy late Halloween!! I've been late on my updates. Super sorry about that....

Anyway, please enjoy. Sorry if it's bad!!

It all happened so fast. A month ago there was a murder. An extremely important individual, the man who owned one of the largest buildings in the county had died leaving both of his sons in his will.

Then shortly after than, a woman has died in the city. She was found in an alley way, bleeding from the throat. She had been dead for a while the news said.

A few weeks ago, maybe about three, you were walking through the city to get decorations for Halloween. You planned on being cautious and the decorations were all you really wanted but then, when you were walking past a club, you saw the very being that would change your life forever.

The sun was setting. The music was loud and the night workers, party animals, and insomniacs were coming out of the shadows. The world became scarier at night and the lower the sun got, the more afraid you became.

There was nothing but darkness...

And in the midst of all that, there was a dog.

It was a little black puppy, looked like a purebred lab, tied to a post. You didn't know whose dog it was, but you knew as soon a you saw her, you were smitten. She was so darn cute and friendly that you almost couldn't contain yourself.

She was as good as your own, but you didn't dare untie her. Despite her smallness and helpless, no one messed with that dog. People actually seemed to actively avoid her. You wanted to ask who and where the owner was, but everyone was so intimidating to you that you couldn't even get a word out. So you made sure to take a detour to the city every once in a while to play with the puppy and give her water and a meal. Sometime you would sit with her for hours and people would just walk around you. She was protecting you and in exchange, you were protecting her, providing her with company and love.

However, no matter how long you waited, you never ever met her owner. You wondered if she just lived outside on that pole. You wondered if she lived all on her lonesome in the cold. If that's were the case, you would just steal her.

That's when you hatched a plan to wait with her for the entire night. It was stupid, but you had nothing better to do. And if no one showed up, she was as good as yours. It seemed that the puppy had sapped all the reasonable thoughts from your head.

It was the 31st of October. The air was pretty dry and everyone was out and about in their costumes. The most that was happening for you was homework, which you turned in that morning. It wasn't like you had any friends to watch scary movies with or anything. You never had plans and when people did invite you out, the activities seemed a little too.... extroverted for you. You had two options at that point. You could wait with the cute puppy and maybe take her home or, you could give out candy and you definitely weren't going to sit around and give your hard earned treats to a bunch of local children.

"Eh stop that." You giggled. The little black lab licked your hands while you were absently playing with your nails. She nipped at your finger tips, letting out small playful growls and yips. "My goodness." You sighed, petting the puppy with both hands. You pulled her into you lap, unzipping you jacket so you could share your heat.

You sat with the dog for more than a couple of hours. You saw a few people in costumes, a lot of them coming off as bland. You were desensitized to the average sexy cat and sexy police man (props for making it stylish) and you were bored of seeing Frankenstein's monster. The only costume they got a reaction out of you was a ghost made from bed sheets. You snorted, never actually seeing the infamous bed sheets ghost before. You would think that adults would have more original taste.