Chapter 10

Jade sat there still holding Dylan in her arms. Soon he fell asleep so she carried him to his room. Then she went to the living room trying to think of a plan to get Max back. That's when she remembered she had a few friends from the military she could call. She picked up her phone and called her friend Liam. "Hey Jade it's been a long time. How have you been?"
"I don't really have time to talk right now I need your help. My boyfriend's been kidnapped and I think he's been hurt. Can you help me?"
"Of course I can. I'll be there in 20 minutes."
"Thank you so much Liam." Then she ended the call and went to check on Dylan. She was surprised to find him awake and he was crying. She sat down next to him and held him in her arms. "It's okay. We'll find him. I have a plan to get daddy back." Dylan looked up at her. "Y-You do? What is it?"
"Well I just called an old friend of mine from the army and he's gonna help us find Max." Dylan gave her a surprised look. "You were in the army?"
"I sure was. I didn't tell Max everything." After awhile they heard a knock at the door and Jade got up to answer it. Sure enough it was Liam. "Liam thank you for coming here. I really appreciate this." Liam smiled. "Well of course. After all you did save my life." He pointed down to his prosthetic leg. "Without you I could've lost more than just a leg."
"Oh that. I was just doing what anyone else would do. You were surrounded."
Liam chuckled. "There you go again minimizing your accomplishments. I miss this. I wish we could've met up on different circumstances." Jade frowned. "Me too but for now we need to make a plan to get Max back." They all sat down at the table including Dylan. That's when Jades phone rang, it was Max so she picked up. "Max are you alright?" She heard a sinister laugh in response. "Oh he's alright. Just a little tied up at the moment." The man laughed again. Jade gritted her teeth. "What have you done with him?"
"Oh nothing he couldn't handle. I have a deal I'd like to make with you." Jade decided to play along. "And what's that?"
"Well how about you bring me the money Max owes in exchange for him. How does that sound?" Jade knew this was a trap but she continued. "Alright. How much does Max owe you?"
"Hmm lets see. About $30,000. I want it by tomorrow." Jades jaw dropped. "How am I supposed to get that money so soon?"
"That's not my problem. Now bring the money to Warehouse B down by the docks tomorrow at 9:00 pm and Max will be yours." With that the man ended the call. Jade just sat there in silence not sure what to do. "How much money did he want? What are we going to do?" Dylan asked starting to panic. "He wanted $30,000 and I know exactly what we're gonna do." Before she filled them in on her plan she had to ask Liam a question. "You have some of your guns with you right?"
"Yes I do. They're in my truck. What kinds will we need?" 
"We're gonna need some kind of sniper rifle an M107 would be best, and maybe a couple handguns." Liam nodded. "I'll go see what I've got." He walked out of the house towards his car. Jade looked over at Dylan sitting there with his head in his hands. "What's the matter honey?" Dylan looked up. "This is just a lot to take in. Max is gone and here you are totally okay with just going in and killing people."
"Oh Dylan I'm just doing what I think is best. If we don't do this then there's a chance Max could get hurt even more and I don't want that to happen. How about you just go in your headspace and relax. I don't want you being too overwhelmed." Dylan sighed. "I don't know if I want to. It doesn't feel right just sitting by while you and Liam do all the work. I want to help."
"I know you do but I don't want you getting hurt in the process. Liam and I have been doing this for years. I just don't think it would be safe."
"I guess you're right but can I at least come with you tomorrow. I don't want to stay home while all this goes down."
"Of course. I wouldn't want you being alone so you can come along just stay in the car okay?"
"Okay I will." As Dylan got up to go to his room Jade stopped him. "Just please try to relax tonight. I know it's hard but everything will be okay I promise. I trust Liam with my life."
"I'll try. I trust you both." With that Dylan went into his room shutting the door. That's when Liam came in with all the things they needed. "I'm back and I've got everything you asked and maybe a little extra." He laid out a M107, two Beretta M9's, two KA-BAR combat knives and three bullet proof vests. "Wow I wasn't expecting you to have this much. I guess we're well prepared."
"We sure are. I only use the best especially when helping a friend." As they laid out their plan Dylan came out of his room wearing a onesie and holding Ember in his arms. When he saw Liam there he blushed. Jade noticed this and turned to him. "Don't worry baby. He knows all about this. You don't have to be embarrassed around Liam." Liam waved to Dylan and smiled. "Hey buddy what have you been doing?" Dylan's face was still red. "Just playin' with Ember." He held up the dragon for Liam to see. "Well that's great. Are you having fun?" Dylan nodded shyly and headed back to his room. Liam smiled. "He sure is cute. Are you his mommy Jade."
"No. I would like to be though. That's something I'll have to talk about with Max first." After saying that she was reminded of their situation and for the first time that day tears began to fall down her face. Liam lifted her chin up. "Hey don't cry now. We've got a plan and I know we can do this. Together. I will do everything I can to bring Max home safely." She wrapped Liam in a hug. "Thank you so much. I just don't know what I would do without him or what I would tell Dylan if-" She couldn't let herself finish that sentence. Dylan could hear their whole conversation and her crying so he came out to the kitchen. Dylan wanted her to be his mommy as well he just wasn't sure how to ask. He tapped her on the shoulder. "It's gonna be okay mommy. Remember what you said." Jade looked at him a little surprised. "Oh honey you heard all that?" Dylan nodded. Jade could feel her heart melt. The mix of emotions almost too much for her. "You're okay with me being your mommy?" Dylan nodded again. "Yes. I'd love if you were my mommy." Jade brought Dylan on to her lap. "I'm so glad you feel that way baby. We'll have to talk to daddy about this first though okay?"
"Okay mommy." Dylan gave her a kiss and walked back into his room. Jade let out a sigh of relief. She finally knew that Dylan was okay with this. She stared down at the blueprints of the building. "Now it was time to get to work." She thought.