Chapter 12

Dylan looked out into the darkness and all he could see was blood pouring from bodies on the floor. People begging for their lives. The cold lifeless eyes of the men he'd shot that night. He heard a loud gunshot noise and he shot up in bed. He started crying and Jade could hear him so she got up and went to his room. She sat down next to him. "What happened sweetie? What has my baby so upset?" Dylan sniffled struggling to form words. "I-It was dark and scary. I saw blood." Jade frowned she wished Dylan didn't have to go through something like this. "Oh baby if this is because of what you did last night it's okay. Those were bad people." She held Dylan in her arms. "I know but I can't help but feel bad for what I did. Was it hard for you?" Jade was taken aback by this question. "What was that sweetheart?"
"Was it hard for you? You know after you killed people were you scared like me." Jade sighed. "Yes baby I was scared the first time and I still have problems sometimes. I promise you that you do eventually get passed it." Jade stroked Dylan's hair. Dylan looked into her eyes. "Thank you. I really needed that."
"You're welcome sweetie. Do you wanna go sleep with me tonight." Dylan nodded. Jade took his hand and brought him to Max's room. It was just the two of them however because Max was put in the hospital due to his injuries. Dylan curled up next to her. "Can we go see daddy at the doctors tomorrow?" Jade smiled seeing he was starting to slip slightly. "Of course we can, but first you should get some sleep okay?"
"Okay mommy." Dylan put his pacifier into his mouth and soon fell asleep. Jade awoke that morning and decided to make breakfast for Dylan. She made some waffles and put them on a plate cutting it up for him. She sat down and shortly after Dylan came into the kitchen. "Good morning. How did my little dragon sleep last night." Dylan smiled. "I slept good mommy, but I'm really hungry." He sat down next to Jade and began scarfing down his waffles. "Woah baby slow down there's no need to rush. Would you like some milk?" Dylan nodded. "Yes please." Jade got up and filled up a sippy cup with milk and set it down next to Dylan. Once he finished his breakfast Jade looked at the clock. "It's almost time to go. Can you go get dressed?" Dylan nodded running to his room putting on a Paw Patrol t shirt and jeans. They both got into the car and headed to the hospital. Once they reached Max's room Dylan could hardly contain himself. "Daddy!" He yelled jumping on to Max. Max cried out. "Baby you gotta be careful. I still hurt a lot." Dylan put his head down. "Sorry I forgot."
"That's okay. I'm just glad I get to see you."
"So when did the doctor say you should be home?" Jade asked. "Well he said it could be about a week for everything to heal. I got banged up pretty bad." Dylan frowned. "But daddy I can't wait that long."
"I know sweetheart but if I don't let myself heal I could get worse. You wouldn't want that would you?" Dylan shook his head. They spent some time talking for awhile when Jade got a call from her boss at the daycare and she picked up. "Hello sir."
"Hello Jade I'm in need of new ideas for how this business can expand. I've been trying to come up with ideas with some of the other employees but they haven't got anything. I was hoping you had an idea. After all you are easily my best employee and you have amazing critical thinking skills."
"That's very kind of you to say sir and I do have an idea I'm just not sure it's something you'll be okay with."
"No please tell me. I need ideas. Anything you've got."
"Well I was thinking we could expand the company to include people from the ABDL community. Maybe a daycare for littles or something."
"Ah yes I've heard of this before. I think that could be a great idea. Would you be willing to head this project?"
"Um wow I never expected you to ask this of me. Of course I would. Although I'm gonna need some help. Can Max be a part of this?"
"I don't see why not. Well then it's settled. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow and Max whenever he's all healed."
"Thank you sir. I won't let you down." She ended the call and couldn't wait to tell Dylan and Max the exciting news.