On to the next

Katherine walked into the Torch, the school newspaper, Chloe looked up and smiled.
"Hey hows one of my favorite reporters?"
"Good. Sorry about this weekend. Grandma got sick and I just couldn't get away."
"Hey its fine. What about what we talked about on the phone?"
"Chloe, he doesnt even see me. I am not Lana so that means I don't exist."
"That's because Clark is stupid."
"Hi Pete." Katherine said giving him a hug. Pete looked at her and smiled.
"No Clark isn't stupid I'm just not Lana.  He's always had something for her and we all know it. Anyway what did you need Chloe?"
"My dad said that there had been a strange light coming from over by your grandparents place over the weekend. Wondering if you knew what was going on?"
"Nope I didn't see anything. Why didnt you call?"
"I did actually your grandfather said you were busy."
"That's odd." Katherine answered. " but at least we got done what we did. Are we on for studding later?"
"Thought maybe we could all meet up at Clark's and study. "
"Fine with me. I just have to run home and let my grandma know what's going on."
"Why not call? Saves a step."
"House rules."
"Alright we will meet up and Clark's this afternoon."

Katherine walked into her home and dropped her books on the table and headed into the kitchen where she knew she would find her grandmother.
"Hey grandma."
"Hey sweetie, what's wrong?"
"My friend Chloe said her dad noticed an odd light coming from here the other night."
"Oh goodness. We should tell your grandfather."
"I told grandpa on the way in. He said I need to be more careful."
"I agree. You look like your going to ask something, what is it?"
"My friends and I are going to do some studying over at the Kent's. Is it alright if I go?"
"Sure. Be sure to call and let us know if you are going to be home really late."
"Thanks grandma I will."

Katherine arrived at the Kent farm a short time later. Out of her friends she was the only one old enough to drive so she pulled her light blue truck into the driveway and looked around as she stepped from the truck.
"Hey Katty. What brings you by?"
"We are supposed to study."
"We are?"
"Damn it Chloe."
"Its fine. Let me go let my folks know your here and we can study up in the loft in the barn. We do have that test coming up." Clark said heading into the house. Katherine hadn't been to the Kent's since she was younger, most times they met in town and did things this was the first time she had been suckered into being alone with Clark. Clark came back out and led her into the barn where they went and sat down in the loft.
"You've changed this allot since we were kids."
"Yeah dad thought I should have my own quiet place. I kinda like it. Anyway how have you been? You've been avoiding me."
"Sorry about that."
"We get busy. It happens." Clark said. He reached out and touched her hand, Katherine looked down at his hand and then up at him. He quickly pulled his hand back and blushed.
They spent the better part of a couple hours studying when both looked up as Clark's mom came in.
"I thought I would bring you both some sandwiches and something to drink."
"Thank you."
"I also called your grandmother and let her know you would be home soon."
"Alright Mrs. Kent."

Clark walked Katherine to her truck and stood there for a moment.
"Maybe you could come over again tomorrow?"
"Sure." Katherine said with a smile.
"Ok. Oh are you going to the dance?"
"I dont know."
"Maybe we could uh go together?"
"Sure." Katherine said with a smile. Clark opened the truck door and when she got into the truck he closed the door.
"See you tomorrow." He said. Katherine nodded and pulled down the driveway. Clark stood there before he finally went inside.