Loosing him/ facing a new foe

Katherine walked into the barn and looked at Clark he looked deep in thought as she walked up the stairs to the loft. She heard extra footsteps and tuned to see Lionel coming towards her. Katherine looked at him oddly but stepped aside for a second as Lionel walked up to Clark.
"What's the problem son?"
"Its something I have to do."
"I see the dagger, what does Jor-el want you to do?"
"I have to kill the person that will become the vessel of Zod."
"One sacrifice to save many is the cost."
"Even if the cost is your son's life?"
"Lex?"
"He was taken today."
"Taken you say, from where?"
"Landers field."
Katherine stood on the stairs, she continued up to come up next to him.
"What would need to be done?"
"I would have to kill him with this. I don't want to kill anyone."
"Clark you might have to." Katherine told him, he knew she was telling the truth but he wasn't sure he could. Lionel left the barn in search of his son.
Clark was told that Lionel was in the hospital after his encounter with Lex. He hurried to the hospital to speak to Lionel. Katherine waited at the house, it was getting dark by the time Clark had returned to the farm. He looked concerned as he walked up to her.
"What's with the power?"
"Brainiac wanted me to help bring Zod back I told him no he sent some kind of virus and it shut everything down. It's all the way to Metropolis."
"Did you check on Chloe? "
"Yeah, I didn't like leaving her there but Lex called one of the phones. Are you going to be alright if you stay out of the barn. Please I don't want you hurt."
"I'll be fine." Katherine kissed him. She stood back as he headed into the barn. Katherine didn't like the idea of staying out of the way. She knew what her powers were and knew what they could do. She waited a few minutes and then walked into the barn. She was surprised when she saw Lex toss Clark up into the loft.
"Clark!" Katherine screamed heading further into the barn.
"Stay there." He said as he pinned Lex to the floor.
"Do it Clark. Prove you are your fathers son."
Katherine jumped when she heard the voice and saw Milton Fine standing next to her.
"What the hell."
Clark turned and threw the dagger at Fine and it hit him dead in the chest. Suddenly the dagger began to glow red.
"What have I done?"
"You've opened the portal for Zod."
A red beam went through Fine and slammed into Lex throwing Clark backwards. Katherine turned and Fine had disappeared. She ran up the stairs to get to Clark. Lex turned and ignored her and walked right up to Clark. He walked up to Clark not touching him he looked in his eyes.
"You have your father's eyes. Hello Kal-El."
"Where's Lex?"
"Lex is dead."
"Why are you here?"
"What anyone would want that has been caged like a beast, revenge."
"Then this is between us, these people have done nothing to you."
"But you feel no greater pain that to see others suffer. I will spare those you love if you join me."
"I will never join you."
"I hope that is a decision you can live with for the rest of your life." He said. He pulled a silver ring from his wrist and let it go, it floated past Clark and out the window. Clark looked at it then back towards Lex then was pulled from the window.
"CLARK!" Katherine screamed, she turned her head, her eyes blazing with anger as she stared at the man that was once Lex. The power that was coming off her was breaking beams close by.
"What did you do? Where did he go?" She demanded. He looked at her and saw the damage she was already causing. He reached out for her and Katherine sent him flying backwards off the loft and onto the barn floor. Katherine looked down at him then looked as Zod now stood next to her. He grabbed her by the throat and lifted her off the floor.
"You're powerful for someone that is just a human." He said to her, without warning he thew her out of the loft, she hit one of the high beams and landed hard on the floor. It was an amazing feat that she was still conscious as he made his way down the stairs and stopped over her. He leaned down and lifted her off the floor.
"You might be useful." He said looking her over. He tapped her head knocking her out.

Katherine came to sometime later and looked around seeing she was in Lex's house. To her surprise she saw Lana trying to free her hand that was pinned to the wall.
"Oh god. Lana?"
"You're awake."
"What the hell happen?"
"He is going to destroy the world. I have to go to the farm. Are you going to be OK?"
Katherine started to stand when a wave of dizziness hit her.
"I'm going to have to. There is no leaving here. I might try and find a place to hide if I can get the world to stop spinning long enough." Katherine said.

 Lana nodded and left. Katherine tried to stand only to fall down again. Her body ached and that was to be expected from the distance she had fallen. Her leg had finally healed she prayed it wasn't broken again.
She looked up as Lex/Zod entered the room. He saw that Lana had freed herself. He looked over at Katherine.
Katherine started to stand but quickly regretted it. Her head turned as she saw Lana enter the room. Katherine looked on in amazement as Lana tried to seduce him. When she tried to stab him with the dagger he took it from her and tossed her across the room.

 "Lana." Katherine tried to get up. Finally she just crawled towards her friend. She looked up at Zod, she had perfected her shield and got it around her and Lana. Zod looked at them and then looked back at the case he had set down. The house began to shake, he turned and walked toward them, he reached out and grabbed Katherine tossing her across the room. Her shield was nothing to stop him. He lifted Lana off the floor as she tried to crawl away from him. He pinned her to the wall choking her. Katherine heard a noise, her vision was swimming as it was but she heard the one voice that kept her focused.
"Let her go."
Lex turned and faced Clark.
"Kal-El." He almost growled and dove at him both went out the window.
"Clark?" She watched as they both disappeared out the window.
Katherine crawled towards Lana.
"Lana honey, wake up. Please." She said shaking her. Katherine looked up as Clark came running into the house.
"Clark? Is he?"
"Gone. I dropped off Lex at the hospital. Here let's get you out of here."
"What about Lana?"
"I'll take her. Come on. He said lifting both.

Katherine looked at Clark as he came up to her at the hospital.
"I'm fine nothing is broken. Bruised but not broken. Anyone else hurt?"
"Lois was, the plane her and mom were in crashed by the fortress Jor-el sent them back. Mom brought her here. I also checked on Chloe. Shes fine too."
"Can we go home?"
"Yeah, are you OK to walk?"
"Yeah." Katherine said getting up. She got dizzy and waited a moment. Clark started to lift her.
"Wait until we are outside." Katherine said. Clark nodded and once they were outside he lifted her into his arms and headed back to the farm.

There was so much damage and in ways Clark felt it was his fault.