His Mother/ Ultimate Betrayal

Clark walked into the house after being gone all night, Katherine stood and looked at him, and the tall blonde woman that was with him. She smiled at Katherine and looked around. 

"Jor-El must have found a way to send me through a portal to the future." 

"Its not like that." Clark said.  Katherine looked at him and then heard the door open again as Kara walked in.

"Aunt Lara." Kara said rushing to her.

"You got out."

"Yes father put me on a ship before the planet was destroyed.  Clark, you had my crystal the entire time." Kara said looking at him

"Crystal what is she talking about Kal-El?"

"You didn't come through a portal you came from Kara's crystal."

"It worked Zor-El's science worked."

"It doesn't matter how you got here."

"But if I am here, so is the copy of Zor-El as well."

"There are three of us and one of him." Clark said looking at her. Katherine looked at Clark, disappointment written on her face. Clark felt bad, but he really wanted to meet her and her voice had been coming from the crystal. When he found out Zor-El was trying to find her, he took her and Katherine to Oliver's loft. Katherine had made some tea and looked up at Clark's birth mother.

"You are disappointed in him."

"In a way, yes. He rarely does anything like this."

"Does he know about your powers?"

"Yes he does."

"Does he know your out of control?"

"No, I don't know how to tell him that. He has enough of her to deal with.  Now that Zor-El is here he worries more now than ever." 

"He shouldn't worry." Lara said to her. " He loves you."

"And I love him."

"But yet you still don't tell him you worry he will leave you."

"I know he loves me but there is his first love that has recently returned and because of that I do feel that he will leave me for her."

"But he does love you so he wont" She said to Katherine. Both women looked up as Clark entered the room. 

"I think Kara is working with her dad. Are you two going to be safe here?"

"Clark I can defend us. If I can throw you across the yard at the farm I think I can deal with your uncle." Katherine said to him, she watched as Lara walked up to him and gave him a blue meteor rock ring that had been his fathers. Clark acted odd for a second and then headed from the apartment. 

Katherine just kind of stood there and smiled and both heard Zor-El call for Lara. 

"Go Katherine."

"I promised Clark I would keep you safe and I not going back on that promise. Plus he will find out I am no ordinary human"  Katherine raised her hands and stood her ground as Zor-El entered the loft from the balcony. Katherine moved her hand and he went flying sideways into the wall. 

"Stay away from her." Katherine said as he stood and started to move again when Katherine again tossed him this time thru the window back onto the balcony. He superspeeded up in front of her and grabbed her by the throat and tossed her across the room slamming her into the gate that was in front of the elevator. Clark arrived up the elevator as Katherine slowly moved, she looked up as he came in, she could see blood on his face.

"What the hell?" She asked touching him. 

"I guess this ring takes away my powers.."

"What?"

"What happened here?"

"He came for your mom, I tried to keep her safe but he threw me across the room." 

"Lets get out of here" He said to her. He needed to figure out how to get back to the farm, and without a car he would have to see if Chloe could take them. 

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" He asked her.

"No, I am fine. Nothing is broken and I am not dealing with them at the hospital we needed to get back and figure out where they went"

"I am going to take a wild stab in the dark they went to the fortress." 

Clark walked into the barn while Katherine and Chloe stood outside until they heard the grinder going.

"He wouldn't?"

"Yes he would." Katherine said as they both rushed in. They both looked at him, Katherine pulled him away from the grinder as Chloe shut it off.

"It won't come off."

"And grinding off your finger won't help."

"I have to get to the fortress and help them."

"Then take this." Katherine said handing him the silver box that had the kryptonite in it. and Chloe handed him the key to the fortress. 

"Go." They both said. They watched him leave.

"I hope he is careful." Chloe said to Katherine.

"He should be. He knows what he is doing he just needs to understand that right now he doesn't have his abilities. "

"You going to be ok here alone?'

"Yeah I will be fine. When he gets back I will call you." Katherine said watching Chloe head for her car, Katherine walked to the house and prayed that Clark knew what he was doing and would be careful. She wanted him to come back.