Missing the dance

Katherine walked into the school the night of the dance and looked for Clark.  She looked around and didn't see him.
"Hey Kat I didnt think you'd be here."
"Clark asked if I wanted to come. Have you seen him." Not yet.
Katherine walked away from them heading to look around. She stood off to the one side watching Pete and Chloe dance even Lana and her boyfriend Whitney dancing. Guess Clark had gotten busy she lifted her dress and stepped outside. She looked around and sighed, she walked to her truck.
"Well hello there." She heard a voice say, there was no emotion or even a voice she would recognize from school.
"I dont have the time. I just want to go home."
"I can help with that. "
"No thanks I can drive myself. You have a goodnight." Katherine said grabbing the door of her truck. But he had other ideas. He grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. She looked at him and attempted to pull her arm free.
"Let go."
"You dont know me."
"Dude I'm 16 of course I don't know you. Now let go."
"You heard her let go." Katherine here Clark's voice.  The man turned to look at Clark.
"Go away kid." He said turning his attention back to Katherine.
"No, how about you leave my date alone." Clark said pulling the man away from Katherine tossing him a distance.
"You ok?"
"Yout late. And how did you do that?"
"I live in a farm."
"Good point. Thanks for that though."
"Sorry for being late I was kind of tied up."
"You ok?"
"You understood what I meant? "
"Yup. The dance is almost over. Do you need a ride home?"
"Sure we can have a sort of date."
"I'd like that." Katherine got in as Clark closed her door and then got in on the passenger side of the truck.

It wasnt much of a date and Katherine really didn't know what had happened to keep him from the dance and didn't say anything when she got home to her grandparents. But was surprised to find them up. Her grandmother hugged her when she entered the house.
"I was at the school dance not a club in Metropolis."
"We got a call that someone had grabbed you."
"Someone tried. Clark stopped it. Why what's wrong?"
"Katherine dear maybe it's time we sit down and talk to you.  Your old enough to understand what's going on."
"Grandma?" Katherine tipped her head at her and finally sat down at the table.
Katherine looked at her grandparents confused.
"Katherine dear first we need to make you understand that we love you.  But we aren't your grandparents. We are just two people that were brought in to raise you after your real parents were killed in an explosion when you were two. We have been raising you after the officers that were assigned to keep you safe were killed shortly after that. The FBI thought it would be safer if two older people raised you so here you are."
"FBI?  Why?"
"Your parents were scientists and because of that there were projects they worked on that were highly classified and twice there had been threats the final threat came that we didnt take into account because it was against all of you and you had remained at home that night because of having a cold. But you were also exposed to some of the items from their tests. We tested to be sure that nothing would happen to you and it hadn't so we keep an eye on you. That is why you see a doctor as often as you do."
"Oh. So we arent family at all? You've been lying to me?"
"Yes dear. Are you alright?"
"I'm going to go change and take a walk if that's alright?"
"That's fine. You did just get allot of information. Your taking it better than I thought."
"Yeah. Well I just got told my entire life has been a huge lie and your not even my family. Believe me I am freaking out inside.  I just want to take a walk and think." Katherine walked upstairs and quickly changed and headed back down and out of the house. She grabbed her keys and jumped in her truck and tore out of the yard. Her grandparents came out of the house in time to see her tear down the road.

Katherine tore down the road tears rolling down her cheeks as she drove faster down the road. She saw a curve come into view and over corrected and flipped her truck into the middle of a field. She climbed from the wrecked truck and slowly made her way toward a barn in the distance.  Katherine walked into the yard and saw where she was and stumbled into the barn.
"Clark." She called out into the barn. 
"Katty? Oh my god." He hurried to her side and caught her before she passed out. "Katty? DAD!." Clark lifted Katherine into his arms and headed towards the house. Johnathan Kent stepped from the house when he heard his son yell.
"What happened?"
"I dont know. She walked into the barn called out my name and I caught her just as she passed out." He said holding her.
"Where is her truck?" He asked looking looking around.
"I dont know dad. I'll take her inside and I will see if I can find it."
"Just take her inside and we will see if we can get her cleaned up. I'll call her grandparents and let them know shes here."
"Dont let them know shes been hurt. I dont think they can handle it."
"We will see." Johnathan said to his son.  Clark walked into the house and lay Katherine on the couch.

Katherine groaned and opened her eyes sometime later she looked to see a very concerned Clark sitting next to her.