Facing a New Foe

"Lois?" Katerine said coming from the house.
"Hey Katherine."
"What are you doing here?"
"Remember I told Clark we were having Chloe's 18th birthday party here."
"Lois we can't." Clark said as Lois loaded two boxes into his arms.
"I've already told people where we were having it and you dont want to upset Chloe."
"I've got a guy from Princeton coming. Plus my parents aren't home."
"Clark it isn't going to be sodom and gemora it's just a few people singing happy birthday. Mr Ivy league won't even know we are here."
Clark just kind of stood there confused. Katherine followed behind them as they walked further into the barn.

The barn was fully decorated when Clark walked up to Katherine.
"Small party?"
"It isn't that bad. Maybe we can get them in and out. Clark it's for Chloe."
"I know but where are they?"
"No idea. Why dont you ask Jason."
"Good idea." Clark said walking over to Jason. Katherine could see it was a tense moment between the two men. She hated to see Clark upset and to know that someone he considered a friend angry with him didnt help. The double doors to the barn opened and Lana, Chloe and Lois walked in. Clark pulled Lois aside confused as to why they were late.

Katherine awoke the next morning with the ringing of Clark's cellphone. He sat up to answer it and sounded surprised when it was his mom calling. Katherine looked down at her body.
"Clark. Uh ...um...Clark." Katherine said touching his arm. Clark hung up his phone and turned and faced her, he looked down and became surprised. He grabbed his shirt and covered her with it.
"What the hell happened?"
"That's a fantastic question. But why am I damned near naked." Katherine asked.
"I don't know but let's get you inside and put something on."
"Your pants are here I am not even sure where my dress is. Didnt the Princeton guy come last night?"
"Yup. Let's get this cleaned up I'll go talk to Lex maybe he can help."
"Maybe. This was just so odd. My head is still spinning."
"Let's get inside I will get this cleaned."

Katherine stood inside the house, Clark had asked her to stay inside he wasn't sure what had been going on and because of that he was afraid she would get hurt. She looked towards the barn when she watched Clark go inside. She noticed the time and wondered why he would be going inside so late. She left the house and headed into the barn, she ducked as a tool went flying past her head.
"What the hell?" She whispered. She moved into the shadows to keep an eye on what was going on. Katherine's eyes got wide as Clark was raised into the air.
"Oh my god." She said as Clark crashed to the floor and Chloe and Lois pinned him to the floor. Katherine still didn't dare move as she watched Lana step between Clark's legs and chant a spell and remove his powers also causing him to pass out. Katherine became angry, she had no idea what was going on but they had hurt Clark and that was enough to anger her. Katherine slowly stepped from the shadows as Lana, Lois and Chloe stood and stepped away from Clark.
"What did you do?" She growled as sparks eminated from her body as she walked towards them.
"A witch. Very nice."
"Not even close. What did you do to him?"
"You don't need to worry about about him. I would be more concerned about myself if I were you." Lana said as she moved her hand. Katherine flew backwards slamming into one of the beams slumping the the floor unconscious.
"What do you want done with her?"
"She's harmless. Clark has the information I desire."

Katherine came to and heard Clark talking to Lana. She slowly sat up and waited for the wave of dizziness and nausea to subside enough for her to stand. She made her way to where they were just as the girls disappeared. She dropped to her knees as she as another wave of dizziness hit. She turned as she heard a noise and saw Jason come running in. He unchained Clark, Clark fell to the ground rubbing his wrists. Jason left and Clark turned and looked and saw Katherine kneeling there.
"Kat?"
"I'm fine. Go help them. I'll be here when you get back."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, they need you go."

Katherine made her way to her feet again and almost fell again.
"Ok, I'm just going to sit here." She told her self as she sat down on the floor. She wasn't sure how much time had passed but she looked up to see Clark come running into the barn.
"Are you sure you're alright?"
"Clark I hit my head I am dizzy I will be fine. Do you want to help me inside?"
"Yeah. Sorry about today."
"This wasnt your fault. But what the hell was that?"
"A witch."
"That explains why I learned to fly. I saw them take your powers away. How did you get them back?"
"The stone in the cave. But the girls are back to normal and have no memory of what happened."
"Maybe it's for the best they don't remember. I prefer not to remember what they did."
"It will be fine." He said as they walked into the house. Clark came downstairs the next morning to see his mother in the kitchen.
"When did you get back?"
"Few hours ago. Your dad is out there doing your chores."
"I guess I over slept." Clark said. Katherine sat up as Johnathan entered the house.
"Son is there something you need to tell us?" He asked holding up a bra.
"It was magic."
"No really it was. Mr. Kent, Lana was possessed by a 16th century witch. They were able to take Clark's powers away."
"Its the first time for anything. Even in Smallville."
"Yeah well I am still nursing a migraine from being tossed across the barn."
"Are you two alright?"
"His powers are back and my headache will pass eventually."

Johnathan and Martha looked at the two and wondered if it was safe to leave them alone at any time.