Graduation

Things couldn't have been better for them as Katherine stood in the line with everyone else getting ready to accept their diplomas. Her last name was before Clark's so she knew she would go up just before him. Both were looking around for their missing friend.
"Have either of you seen her?" Katherine asked when she got close to Clark and Chloe.
"Nope." They both answered. Katherine was concerned this was the first time she knew of that Lana would be late for anything. Katherine walked across the stage and accepted her diploma followed by Clark. They both stopped when they heard sirens. An announcement of another meteor shower that was about to hit Smallville.
"Go with my parents."
"What?"
"Kat, just go with my parents. I am going to try and find Lana."
"Alright. Please be careful."
"I will." He said kissing her. Martha grabbed Katherine by the arm.
"Come on sweetie." She told her. Katherine followed her as Clark took off. Katherine got into the truck with his parents and they headed to the farm.
Clark arrived at the farm some time later.
"Go upstairs and pack only what is neccessary."
"I can't. I need to find out why this is happening."
"Clark?" Katherine walked up to him and touch his face.
"I have to." He said to her.
"Alright. I love you."
"I love you too." He said touching her face. He kissed her lightly and took off. Katherine turned, her eyes shined with tears as she looked at Johnathan and Martha.
"He'll be fine." Johnathan said to her. " just go grab some stuff and bring it to the truck."
Katherine nodded and headed upstairs. They were outside finishing up on the truck when Clark came speeding into the yard. He looked worried.
"Son help me tie this down."
"I can't go with you."
"I have to unite the stones."
"What? No." Katherine grabbed his shoulders and made him look at her.
"No your my son."
"I have to."
"Just know we are proud of you and know you will be safe." Johnathan said to his son.  Katherine looked down as Clark took her in his arms and hugged her. He knew this would be hard on her. But he also knew that she would be safe with his parents.
"Please stay with my parents."
"But."
"Kat, please."
"Alright." Katherine said relenting. She hated the idea of letting him leave not knowing if she'd see him again. She knew she had to do something.
"Katherine I know what your thinking and don't go after him. You could be killed and he would never forgive himself if something happened to you."
"But I cant let him face this alone."
"But he has to"
"I know."
"Let's finish this and get out of here before the meteors hit."
"Alright."

They hurried down the driveway and stopped before hitting another truck, Jason stepped from the truck and cocked a shotgun. Katherine reacted and it seemed as if a force field appeared around her and the Kents.
Jason seemed confused.
"Where is Clark?"
"Well he's not here." Johnathan answered. Jason fired the shotgun breaking the window of the truck through what ever it was Katherine had around them.
"Well that won't help." She muttered. Went back up to the house, parking the truck near the house. Jason made Martha tie Jonathan's hands, then he shoved her into a chair. Katherine stood near the door, hoping Jason would forget she was there. She was very wrong as he turned and faced her. The crazed look in his eyes scared the hell out of her, she raised her hands more defensively than anything. If he fired that shotgun he could kill her.
"You're his girlfriend, you should know where he is."
"I don't. Please calm down."
"Where are the stones Katherine?"
"What stones?"
"Don't lie to me Katherine." He said to her firing the gun. She ducked before it could hit her. Katherine's eyes got wide as she realized that he wasn't kidding around he was willing to kill them
"Leave her alone Jason." Johnathan said to him. "She doesn't know anything."
Jason walked up to Katherine, she backed up as far as she could until she backed into the wall. He pressed the shotgun against her face, he then turned the gun around and slammed the butt of the gun against her head. Katherine collapsed to the floor unconscious, blood running from the side of her head.
"KATHERINE!"
"Jason, she couldn't hurt you. Why did you do that?"
"Let's just say maybe you will answer my questions if you think I will hurt her worst."

Katherine came around a short time later, her head now throbbed, her vision double. She slowly sat up before grabbing her head and staying as quiet as possible not to let Jason know she was conscious. Jason turned and saw she was sitting up, he moved towards her, her raised her hands defensively and he flew backwards. The house started to shake, Johnathan and Martha looked up while holding each other.
"That's not me." Katherine stated. They all looked up as a meteor slammed into the house.

Katherine climbed out from under some rubble and tried to stand.
"Damn it." She hissed when she looked down at her mangled leg. "Mr. Kent?  Mrs. Kent?"
"I'm looking for her." Johnathan said digging for his wife. Katherine leaned a little as she saw Lois entering the house. Lois helped dig for Martha, finding her buried under several items.
"She's barely breathing."
"Can you help me get her out of here?"
"Yes." Lois said. "Katherine stay put I will be right back."
"Where exactly am I going to go?" Katherine said. She tried to pull herself to a standing position, the pain was over whelming but she knew she had to get out of the broken house. Lois ran back into the house.
"Where's Clark?"
"He wasn't here."
"Let's get you out of here." Lois let Katherine lean on her and they hobbled out of the house. Lois helped put Katherine into the car while Johnathan sped out of the yard in the truck. 

Katherine sat in the hospital room, her leg in a cast all the way to her hip. It was broken all the way to the hip a compound fracture that had to be repaired surgically. What powers she did have were no match for a crazed man with a shotgun or a meteor slamming into a house. Pain meds in her system kept the pain down but movement hurt allot. Lois entered the room.
"Broken?"
"Yup. All the way up. In addition to three cracked ribs and one hell of a concussion. How's Mrs. Kent? "
"She woke up twenty minutes ago. Mr. Kent was scared she was worse. We still haven't seen Clark."
"He'll find a way back."
"You should get some rest. I'll stop back by later."
"Thanks Lois." Katherine said. Lois smiled and nodded and left. Katherine leaned back against the pillow and closed her eyes.

He stood in the doorway, he saw how broken she was and felt it was partly his fault.
"I love you." He said coming into the room. He kissed her cheek and turned to leave.
"I love you too." She answered him.
"You're awake."
"Yeah.  You ok?"
"Kind of."
"Huh?"
"Jor-el took my powers. I'm human."
"Really?"
"Yup." He said sitting down in the chair next to the bed. He looked at her laying there in the bed.
"How far up does the cast go?"
"All the way to the hip. Its interesting. And it happened when the house was hit by the meteor. But Jason was there and tried to kill us. Clark he was looking for those stones."
"Don't have to worry about those anymore."
"Really?"
"Trust me."
"I do. I'm tired."
"Get some sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." He said leaning in and kissing her again.