Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

I looked at him in shock.

He wants to...adopt me? He has a family of his own that he needs to take care of. Besides, I look towards Bah, I've been taking care of Bah and myself ever since the incident...but I won't always be around to take care of him...maybe some help would be nice.

Hughes POV

I was watching the kid as he was contemplating my offer.

"Hughes, why would you ask him if he wanted to be adopted by you?"

I turned and saw that it was Alphonse that asked me that question.

"Because he's a kid that needs some guidance. That and he's practically been to hell and back." I responded firmly, "Besides," I look at him and he's absentmindedly petting his creature/friend, "he needs someone to look out for him, he doesn't know what to do on this planet."

Alphonse just nods at me and he watches as Y/N plays with his friend.

"what are you going to do about the creature...'Bah' I think it's name was?" Edward asked me.

I sighed and looked at the two. I never really thought about what to do with "Bah"...

I see him turn towards us and has a firm look in his eyes. "Have you decided?"

Y/N's POV

"Have you decided?" Hughes asked me as I turned around to face him.

"Yes."

"Well then, let's hear it." he looked at me with expectancy.

I take in a breath and I look towards Bah and back towards the energetic man.

"I accept."

Next thing I know is that he engulfs me into a hug and he pats my chest afterwards.

"Alright! Now I just need to introduce you to Roy and maybe get you into our military here." He then turns around and starts to walk away until I stop him.

"Where's Bah gonna go?" I look up at Bah and he looks at me with the same question in his eyes. Hughes without stopping or breaking is stride tells us;

"In the backyard!"

I look at Bah excitedly and he does the same to me and he growls happily and starts after Hughes and the others. I was stuck in my daze until I saw Bah on the horizon.

"Shit, Wait up!" I flew over to where they are and they looked at me in awe. I gave them a confused look then realization sets in that they cannot fly. I then land and walk besides Bah

Edward comes over to where we are and he walks beside me and asks me questions ranging from how old I am to How was the planet that I grew up on. When we got to the latter question I gained a saddened expression and looked up at the sky. I proceeded to tell him of what happened there and of the people that I met (mostly Beets) and what happened up till they found me here.(A/N: Because of Paragus being killed before Cheelai and Lemo came to Vampa, You have not meet Goku and the Z fighters.)

Edward looked at me amazed at how I could survive the harsh conditions of Vampa and saddened at the part of what happened to Beets.

"Damn, you've been through so much...and yet you're still this gentle and kind? How do you do it?"

I again look up at the sunset and sigh, "I honestly don't know how I can still stay kind throughout all that I've been through...maybe it's because I don't want anyone else to go through what I've been through and want to help as many people as I can and that want the help." I look over at him again and see that he's looking at me with an expression that I think Beets called it "pity". I shook my head and walked up to Hughes.