Chapter 7

Mal, Ben, Jane, Carlos, Jay, Lonnie,  Chad, Audrey, Harry, Gil, Uma, Doug, and Evie were waiting in the forest for something. Mal dragged them out here because of something she could feel inside of her.

"Mal, what were we waiting for?" Uma asked, her patience waning.

"Something, so please just shut up!" Mal says glaring at the tree to her right.

"Mal? Why are you glaring at the tree like it murdered your best friend?" Ben stretched an arm around his girlfriend's waist. 

"Shut up," She says flatly. Her eyes narrow at a movement in the woods. Mal starts moving forward, leaving Ben's arm, her eyes glowing and a green mist surrounding her loosely.

"Who?" Jane whispered to Carlos, but nobody knew what was going on. A man appeared out of the shadow of the trees. 

"Who are you," Mal growled, her eyes glinting violently. 

"A warlock, my name is Arthur," he smiled. The man was young, barely of legal age. He has brown hair and green eyes, dressed in grey robes and charms dangled from his neck. 

"How are you supposed to help us figure out this place?" Mal demanded.

"I am a teller of stories. I can tell you who created this land and the land you are from. I can tell you what will help you and who will fail you, but I cannot change the future," Arthur says darkly, a shadow cast across his face.

"So tell us what we need to know," Mal says.

"Meet me at the vault at dusk." Arthur was gone in a puff of grey smoke.

"What vault?" Evie asked quietly.

"Worst helper ever! What vault! Where is this vault!" Mal screams at no one. 

"Let's go, we need to figure out what vault this guy is talking about. If we don't I might kill a few people," Mal growled at the sky. 

"Let's split up, Evie, Carlos, Jay, and I need to pay a visit to Gold. Lonnie, Jane, Audrey, and Chad go find out anything you can about the vault. Doug, Ben, Gil, Harry, Uma go find out more about the people," Mal directs peolple. She, Carlos, Jay, and Evie stay behind. 

"M? What's going on?" Evie asks.

"This can't be happening. This reminds me of something my mother told me when I was young. That I was a mistake. That we were all mistakes. She made a deal with someone and escaped. No! No! No! This cannot be real." Mal started to panic. Remembering the story vividly, her heart started to squeeze. 

"Mal, let's take it step by step, first let's go talk to Gold. Maybe he can shed some light on our situation." Carlos suggests. Mal nods slowly. 

"I'm ok, let's go." The four head out of the woods and into the town, not knowing that Mr. Gold had been watching him the whole time. 

"I may not be able to hurt you dearie, but I can hurt your daughter." He snarls.