Chapter 14

Mal and Ben try and get a hold of their surroundings, Mal clutching Evie's mirror in one hand and holding Ben's in the other.  Once they get a hold of everything around them, Mal walks over to Evie and hands her mirror back to her. 

"Oh my god, you guys took forever," Audrey complains.

" Audrey, they weren't gone that long. Like an hour tops." Jane rolls her eyes. 

"Wow, Jane is talking back, what did we miss?" Mal whispers to Evie.

"A lot actually," Evie grins.

"But we were only gone for an hour, it's not even 9 yet." Ben smiles.

"It doesn't matter, I'll feel you in after your meeting with Gold." Evie takes Mal's hand and stares at her. Evie starts searching for answers to questions she hasn't asked.

"That isn't for another three hours, why can't you explain it now?"

"So you have a reason to come back," Evie stares at Mal. 

"I'll come back," Mal points out.

"You don't have the best track record."

"What are you talking about?"

"Leaving Auradon to go back to the Isle with no plan of coming back? Remember?"

"I came back."

Evie gives Mal a doubting look, but doesn't add on. 

"I am here aren't I?" 

"You having an identity crisis again?"

"I did not have an identity crisis!"

"Denial is not a look that suits you."

"Shut up E." 

"Love you too M."

Mal rolls her eyes and the group begrudgingly makes their way to town. 

"So where are we going to sleep? The pirates took our beds," Audrey complains.

"We'll figure something out for you, you royal thorn in my side," Evie smiles. 

"Wonderful," Audrey grumbles. "Is there a reason why they are calling the shots Ben?"

"I'm going to go with magic and charisma, rather than saying that I like them better than you," Ben sighs.

"Ben! How could you say that? Mal isn't charismatic!"

"Audrey, we really don't need to get into this right now, so please. Let them call the shots and don't do anything stupid."

"I would like to point out, the minute they sent the pirates away, some freakish elf, thing kidnapped you and your stupid girlfriend, Ben, Ben, you clearly aren't thinking straight. Now be honest, did Mal put a spell on you?" Chad cuts in with his unwanted opinion. 

"Chad, take a step away from him, or so help me I will cut off your head," Mal growls.

"Mal, take a deep breath and decide if Chad is worth any of your energy," Evie says nervously, exchanging looks with Jane. 

"He will be if he keeps making stupid comments."

"Alright, Mal, calm down," Jane says, her voice wavering.

"No, I'll calm down after Chad is buried in an unmarked grave."

"Getting kind of dark there, Mal," Ben says nervously.

"Mal, don't do anything stupid." Evie glares at Mal.

"Is it really stupid if it will make me feel better?"

"It is if you land in jail," Evie sighs.

"Should I be worried for my safety?" Chad asks.

"Always," Mal smiles.

"Don't you dare hurt him," Audrey snarls.

"Oh, that's not a pretty look, chin up princess. Smile." Evie grins.

"Shut up," Audrey glares at Evie. 

"Do we know any other 'insults'," Ben asks Mal.

"I know some," Mal smiles.

"You know, there is a lot of tension and it is only 10...how about Mal heads off to find her well and the rest of us try to not rip each other apart?" Doug suggests.

"Sounds like a great idea," Mal says through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, let her wander aimlessly in the woods and get eaten by a bear," Audrey grins.

"Please, you think a bear could eat me?"

"Everyone can dream." Audrey and Mal glare at each other.

"You know, I hate Audrey and Chad, but I am loving the attitude." Mal grins.

"Stop getting pleasure out of this and stop being so dark and 'Mal-y'." Evie complains.

"'Mal-y?' That's not a real adjective. Is it?' Evie says.

"Of course it is, that's besides the point, I have to find a stupid well and then face someone who may or may have had or been having an affair with my mom, and I think I'm going to be sick." 

"Well it could be worse," Ben tries.

"How could it be worse?"

"We could have to deal with pirates?"

"We have to deal with Peter Pan, and from our experience, he's pretty evil, so I will keep asking this, why did you guys let me send Harry away?"