Chapter 18

Killian and Emma walk back into the hospital and notice a woman dressed in blue with Harry, Uma, Gil, Lonnie, Jay, and Carlos.

"Killian? Who the hell is that woman?"

"Love, I don't know, do I look like I know her?"

"Alright, well let's check on Mal," Emma sighs. The couple walks past the group and to  Mal's room, where her friends still surrounded her.

"Hey Mal, how are you feeling?" Emma asks awkwardly.

"I'm feel better, but I still can't remember anything, although my friends have been telling me things."

"What kinds of things?" Killian asks, inside praying for everything to be wrong.

"About my parents, where I live, where I grew up, my favorite things, stuff like that."

"Do you mind telling us? Normally we are supposed to call a kid's parents if they are in the hospital, but we can't find any information on you."

"Her parents don't have access to phones," Ben answers.

"Yeah, they committed some crimes, so they are in jail," Evie says.

"Can you guys give us a minute alone with Mal, I'm the sheriff and I just want to make sure she isn't in any danger," Emma asks. Mal's friends leave and Killian leaves and stands outside the door.

"Mal, I'm sure this is all very difficult for you, but what are your parents names?"

"My friends said I shouldn't say, they said it might not make you trust me."

"Ok, well let's start off with something simple, what's your favorite food?"

"Strawberries."

"Favorite color?"

"Purple."

"Any family?" 

"Yes."

"Names?"

"No." Mal narrows her eyes. "Please stop asking about my family, I'm not comfortable talking about them."

"Ok, I get that, what about your friends? Do you remember growing up with them?"

"I don't remember growing up with them, but I know what they told me, does that help?" Mal asks.

"It doesn't help if you don't remember, no," Emma gives a small laugh.

"Who was that man you walked in with?"

"My boyfriend, Killian Jones," Emma looks back at the door and turns her attention back to Mal.

"What about you Mal? Ben is your boyfriend, right?"

"That's what they said, although Audrey had a different opinion, but yeah."

"Something change?"

"No? I don't know, I mean I can see why I fell in love with him in the first place, but right now it's just hard to remember that feeling."

"Well, here's a tip, stop trying to regain a feeling that you've lost, focus on what you feel now. Sometimes memories are just memories and don't feel the same when you try to recapture the feeling."

"You sound like you've gone through it yourself."

"Maybe I have," Emma winks. 

Emma walks over to the door and opens it, Killian gives Emma a look.

"He's here."

"We don't know if it's true, so let's let them in, I have some questions for them."