Chapter 13

Mal and Ben find themselves in quite a predicament. Pan had whisked them away on the edge of a cliff. Pan standing six feet away from them, safe from the edge.

"Don't move you two, or you'll fall to your death, and as you said before Ben, you are king of Auradon, we can't have you falling to your death."

"Ben, now might not be a great time to tell you this, but I told you so!" Mal glares at Pan.

"And I told you he was a monster, so I was right!" 

"No, Evie said he was a monster, you just agreed with him," Mal rolls her eyes. 

"Why are you correcting me when we could die?" 

"Because I want to die being right," Mal smirks.

"Now, here's how the game works. I ask you questions, and you answer. If you answer truthfully your chances of falling decrease, if you lie, well you'll see." 

"I don't want to play games, Pan," Mal growls. 

"Well you really aren't in a position to want things, are you Mal?" 

"Ben, quick question, before we possibly die, why did we come to Storybrooke?" 

"Does the answer Fairy Godmother told us too work?"

"No," Mal sighs. 

"Then I have no idea." 

"Shut up, god you two are annoying," Pan yells. 

"At least we aren't singing," Mal grins. 

"Mal, you have your meeting with his son, we have to hurry this up," Ben grits his teeth.

"Ok, play along?" 

"Deal, don't do anything stupid," Ben sighs. 

"Back at you."

"I would never," Mal smiles. 

"Ok, then," Ben grins.

"Moving on," Pan says through gritted teeth. "Why are you here?" 

"Fairy Godmother told us to come check this place out," Ben frowns. Mal looks at their feet, no cracks appear, nothing is happening, so maybe it must be true? 

"Who the hell is 'Fairy Godmother?'" Pan yells. 

"Our principal," Mal's brow furrows. "Jane is her daughter."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Well, it was a  'normal' day at school, I mean we don't really have normal days at Auradon, but anyways, so the pirates were coming from the Isle of the Lost, where me, Carlos, Evie, and Jay are from." 

"Fairy Godmother told us to well, what did she tell us? Honestly, it's been a weird couple of days and a lot has happened," Ben says. Together Mal and Ben give a long explanation about why they are in Storybrooke. 

"What?" Pan says at the end. It's a lot of information to process, most of it is probably worthless. 

"Look I don't mean to be a pain, but can you let us go? I have to meet someone and honestly you are kind of creeping me out," Mal sighs.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, oh and give this back to your friend." Pan throws Evie's mirror to Mal. Waving his hand, Mal and Ben disappear in a puff of red smoke. 

"What the hell did I just listen to?"