Chapter 9

Mal, Jay, Carlos, and Evie meet up with everyone at the beach. 

"What did you guys figure out about the vault?" Mal asks Lonnie and Jane.

"People don't like it when you ask about a vault you know nothing about, but we did get a little information. It's Regina's. And it's in the graveyard," Jane shudders.

"Fun. Who is Arthur anyways?" Evie asks.

"I don't know, I had a gut feeling and now I'm worried. This whole town scares me right down to my core," Mal sighs tiredly.

"Why?" Ben asks.

"We aren't supposed to exist. Auradon is fake! Our lives are purely based of a spell!" Mal cries out angrily.

"What are you talking about?" Jane exclaims.

"I'm finding out more at midnight. I'll join you guys at dusk for our meeting with Arthur, but I'm going to see Gold. Alone. E, I have to." Mal looks at Evie, who is giving her a look. 

"What does Gold want?" Ben narrows his eyes.

"What does it matter? Nothing is going to change right?" Uma rolls her eyes.

"What do you mean nothing is going to change? Can we go home?" Audrey whines.

"I don't know, we will find out more information after the meeting with Arthur and my meeting with Gold."

"M, I still think that someone should go with you," Evie grimaces. 

"Evie, I'll be fine." 

"No, you won't. You haven't been fine since the moment we came here."

"They have our parents, but not really our parents. Gold might have had a relationship with my mother. I think once this is all over, I am going back to Auradon and I am never coming back here."

"Mal?" Ben wraps his arms around his girlfriend, she buries her face in his chest. 

"Ben, this is way too hard. I can't be strong right now."

"Hey, it will be ok." Ben kisses the top of her head.

"Will it? I can't see it how any of this will be ok?"

"It has to be, we will get our happily ever after. I promise."

"Can you two stop with all the gushy stuff, my head is starting to hurt," Uma complains.

"Shut up and let them have their moment." Evie elbows Uma in the ribs. 

"Well if I'm uncomfortable, they should take that into consideration," Uma notes.

"Oh my god, you are impossible!" Evie exclaims.

"Both of you, shut up." Mal lifts her head from Ben's chest and glares at them.

"Let's get food, Granny's?" Ben suggests.

"Sure, let's go, maybe we can get Henry to shed some light on our situation," Mal sighs.

"I'll talk to Henry," Lonnie says. 

"Ok, we'll go get food, Lonnie will talk to Henry. Then go get to the vault in the graveyard and I will go to meet Gold at the well in the woods at midnight." 

"Let's get food," Carlos grins and they all walk into town and go to Granny's to get food.