Chapter 9 - Rough Work Day

ANNALISE'S POV

~~Friday~~

I woke up my regular alarm time and did my daily routine. The week went by quickly and I was actually glad today was Friday. Today I wore a red high-waist pencil skirt, that was at mid-thigh, with a black blouse with see through sleeves and a pair of black pumps with red bottom.

I arrived at work at my regular early time and saw that Mr. Bieber wasn't in as yet. His office lights were off and was just as I left it yesterday. I went to my desk and set my stuff down before checking my schedule for today. There were no emails sent from Mr. Bieber so Id have to wait for him to send my work for the day. I was about to get some coffee when I realized the coffee maker in the kitchen next to my office wasn't working. I took up my desk phone and called the receptionist who was downstairs.

"Miss Brooks? Can you please contact the handy man and send him up please?" I asked her nicely. Thank God this place has their own handy man.

"No problem Miss Via, right away." She replied.

"Miss Via?"

"Yes, Miss Brooks?"

"Have you heard from Mr. Bieber today? Did he notify you that he wasn't gonna be in today?"

"No I haven't. Is there a problem Miss Brooks?"

"Maybe its nothing Miss Via. Its just that he has never been late or absent, so I was just wondering."

"I appreciate that you're concerned Miss Brooks, but I'm sure he's fine." I reassured her.

"Okay Miss Via, no problem."

After hanging up the phone I realized how unoccupied I was. The handy man came in five minutes later and I instructed him what to do. After he finished about an hour later I went to make myself a cup of coffee. I sat at my office drinking as my mind went to Justin. I hope he was fine. I was about to email him when he walked through the door.

"Good morning Mr. Bieber. I wasn't sure if you were gonna be in today. Would you like a cup of coffee?" I asked as he took a seat in his chair running his hands through his hair. I looked in his face and there were absolutely no emotions on his face. It looked like he had been drowning himself in alcohol.

"No just leave. I'll send your schedule in a few." He said as his voice was demanding. He raised his hand and gestured to my office door. This man is so damn arrogant. What's up with him? Obediently, I went to my office and my schedule was sent. I started organizing meetings, faxing documents and reorganizing calendars. I went out of my office a hour and a half later to the faxing room on the 3rd floor. After faxing approximately 55 documents, I went back to the 5th floor to my office. As I walked the halls with the stacks of papers in my hands, I heard strange sounds. I went up closer to the door that led to Mr. Bieber's and my office, I heard a little clearer.

"Oh my God Justin. F-faster b-baby." I heard a female voice.

"F-fuck." I heard Mr. Bieber growl as the muffling sounds slowed down. As I was about to step back, I honestly don't know what had happened. It was almost as if I barged inside the office. I saw a blonde female half naked on Justin's desk and he was standing in front of her with his pants half way down.

"Oh my God I am so sorry Mr. Bieber. I-I-I didn't realize the door was unlocked." I said so embarrassed as I rushed to my office and locked the door. I started to organize the faxed paperwork in the correct order. After I finished organizing I went on my lunch break with Jason. I told him what had happened and he just laughed. He told me that, that happened a lot in his office and that I should get used to it. After the incident we didn't make contact with each other. He stayed at his desk and so did I. After lunch I sorted out the rest of the paperwork's left and was distracted when the phone rang.

"Mr. Bieber's office?" I answered frustratedly.

"I'm here to see Justin," a female spoke rudely over the other line.

"I'm sorry but you would have to make an appointment to see Mr. Bieber-" I was cut off when she rudely interrupted me.

"Look bitch, I expect you to do your job if you don't want to get fired. He is expecting me," she spat.

"Name please?"

"Maya"

I put her on hold as I tried to get Mr. Bieber's attention.

"Sir someone named Maya is here to see you" I informed him.

"Send her in," he replied not looking at me but focused on his phone. I took Maya off hold and told her that Mr. Bieber could see her now. She came inside and I saw that she had deep blonde hair and looked like a Victoria Secret model. She dressed sluty but I guess she did all that for Mr. Bieber. Why do you care? I don't. Right.  

"Justin baby I missed you," I heard her say from my office as she kissed him.

"Miss Via clear my schedule. I will not be in for the rest of the day." Is all he said before leaving the office with Maya as she glanced wickedly at me. Are you kidding me? Was what I wanted to spat back, but I didn't. I did as I was told and finished the rest of my schedule. I went home afterwards and was early enough to catch the last bus. I went home and ordered take-out as I changed and watched TV. I couldn't stop thinking about how Mr. Bieber was off today. Like seriously? Having sex on your desk? How unprofessional?

Then another girl came in today and he cleared his schedule. Wow. That's two in a couple of hours. Could he be any less of a manwhore? The thoughts were shaken out of my head when my phone rang. I picked it up and as I was about to answer, it started malfunctioning. Like hell? After 10 minutes it started to ring again and I thank God I was able to answer it this time. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was Aliyah.

"Hey sis what's up?, I answered as I switched off the tv and went to the kitchen.

"I am great Annalise, but we, are going out tonight." I heard her laughed as I heard Mason in the background.

"No! I am not. I just got off work over an hour ago and Im tired. Plus, I know Mason is gonna be there and I don't want to be a third-wheeler." I placed the take-out boxes in the trash and started to clean up the dishes I used.

"I don't care how tired you are Annalise. You haven't gone out in like forever and I want us to have a great night tonight. Mason is bringing an old friend from college so no, you won't be a third-wheeler." She stated mockingly and I just knew I couldn't refuse her.

"Who's that old college friend?" I asked concerned.

"Chad Walker, that blonde from the football team. He used to always be around Mason before we were together. He was away in Russia studying and he's here on break. I want us to all have some fun before he goes off to study and before you get all work-mode again," she laughed as I sighed. I really needed a little fun right now. Especially after the day I had at work today.

"Fine," I growled and mumbled. "I'll meet you there –" then I remembered I didn't even know where we were going.

"Where are we going by the way?"

"This awesome club called Taboo. The drink there are so amazing it literally will stay on your tongue for the whole weekend." I heard her laugh and I did too knowing how much she loves to exaggerate. That's what lawyers do so I expected it.

"Okay fine. I'm gonna get ready."

"Oh, and Annalise?"

"Yes, Aliyah"

"Wear something sexy. Maybe you and Chad can hit it off, its time you get a boyfriend that isn't your career." She laughed and as I was about to answer she hung up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you all like.......

Remember to vote and leave your comments.

Love you all and thank you for reading.

K.B.💜💜💚💚💛💛