Another Chapter

The days before our wedding passed with both of us spending it together. Forth kept his word about doing his work at home. He would attend to me first by serving me breakfast in bed before going to his study to look into the reports submitted by his staff.

The househelper who ocassionally drops by to clean the house is now hired to fully manage the house. Forth said this would ensure that I do not do any house chores and to fully rest. When I learnt this, I admit that I sulked and avoided speaking with him. He made it up to me by taking me out on a dinner date at the Vertigo Rooftop Bar.

 He made it up to me by taking me out on a dinner date at the Vertigo Rooftop Bar

We got there when the sun was about to set. It was beautiful and romantic in a way. He booked us a room for the night at the hotel downstairs.

=================================

Today is our big day. It is being held at one of the private resorts that the Jamornhums owned. Yes, that is another business that their family has and since we are getting married, my father decided to invest. They are now planning to expand the empire of hospitals and engineering firms to hotels and resorts.

Enough about business. It was our mothers who planned the wedding, our only contribution is the guest list. They have decided to have the motif in dusty blue and light grey. We both have a matching suits of blue.

I must say that I am quite nervous. I never expected to settle down and nonetheless, get married to a guy. What if he changes his mind and doesn't show up? Since last night we had to spend it apart as the old custom goes.

I am still not dressed up. I have been sitting in front of my dresser for a while now. Too lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear the incessant knocking on my door. I failed to open it and now Kit and Ming are in my room.

"Why are you not dressed up yet?" Kit asked him.

"Hmm" I responded while biting my lower lip.

"Don't tell me you're having cold feet now?" Kit asked once more.

I looked at both of them with worry very evident in my eyes.

"What's wrong P?" Ming sat beside me.

"I don't know. What if he changes his mind and suddenly thinks I'm not worthy" I told them while looking down at my folded hands in my lap.

"P'Beam, I've known P'Forth all my college days. He is not one to back out from his words. Besides everyone could see how you both love each other" Ming told me while kneeling on one knee beside me.

I was shocked to hear his last statement but that made me move from my seat. With their help, I was ready in no time and all of us headed to the banquet hall.

When the doors opened and I enter the room, I could see Forth standing and waiting for me at the other end. He looks so handsome in his suit with his gummy smile directed towards me. Damn! My husband is so hot I can't wait for tonight.