This Is Us

I was on my way back to my car when I felt someone grab my arm, when I turned around there was a cloth placed to cover my nose. Then everything went black.

When I came to, I found myself in one of the hospital rooms. I could hear loud voices from outside of my room. Just when I was about to sit, the door to my room was abruptly opened and an angry Forth came in.

When he saw me halfway sitting in bed, he rushed towards and helped me. "Babe! You're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked me as he kissed my temple.

"Hmm a bit dizzy and sore but that is all. What happened, love?" I asked him.

He looked at me with teary eyes and pulled me in a hug

He looked at me with teary eyes and pulled me in a hug. "You were attacked at the parking lot. I thought I would lose you and our baby" he whispered.

At the mention of our baby, I quickly felt around my midsection and that is when I realised I no longer had my bump. "What happened Forth? Where's my baby? What happened to my baby?" I cried out.

"Calm down, babe. Calm down. They needed to take him out in order to at least save the both of you" Forth said as he tightened his embrace.

I was on my 30th week and my pregnancy was going smoothly. Why did this happen. "Where's our baby, love? I want to see our baby" I begged him.

I was bawling my eyes out when Phana and Kit came in along with Dr. Ithipat. Forth removed me from his embrace but kept holding my hand while the doctor checked me up.

"Well, everything seems fine. Good to see you amongst the living Dr. Jamornhum and congratulations on your baby boy" Dr. Ithipat said as he stood beside my bed.

I wiped my tears with the back of my free hand and asked, "How long was I out?" I looked at all of them who are giving me tearful smiles.

"You were unconscious for a week Beam. The baby was taken out the day you were attacked. We were so scared" Kit said as he held on the railings by the foot of my bed.

"Forth was going ballistic when your guards rushed you in the emergency room all passed out" Phana said from where he was seated at the couch.

I looked at my husband. "What happened, babe? All I could remember is that I was on my way home from check up and then someone grabbed me at the parking lot" I said.

Forth took a seat beside me and pulled me into his embrace. "Mimi hired someone to attack you. They were unsuccessful in taking you but they were able to inject something in you"

Dr. Ithipat cleared his throat. He looked at us with fond eyes. "Beam, son, you were just on your 30th week when you were injected with inducive medicines that made you go into premature labour. We had no choice but to take your baby out. It has been touch and go for you while on operation. Then you went into coma which we believe is caused by an anoxic brain injury you gained from drug overdose. The dosage of the medicine injected to trigger premature labour was high which led to this" he explained.