Chapter 2: The Beautiful Devil

• Dedicado a Nhu Ho(My Cousin)

I had been able to live past all of the bad things because of this voice...this beautiful voice....calling out to me.... I had just come home from a horrible day in school...I had just been raped and humiliated by the leader of the Sabertooth gang.... they danced around me....saying bad things about me..and my father...worst of all I had to come home in ripped clothes because they ripped and slashed my uniform. I was so tired that I didn't even bother to touch my homework. As I went to my bed I let out a big sigh "Uhhhhhh" life is so hard and tiring.....I wish I could just close my eyes and never wake up...
Eventually that could never happen........ But when I woke up I heard something, a voice, it was a voice singing gently....gently in the wind... "La~ Stay......with me~....la,la~.."Everything happened so fast I couldn't tell what was going on.. all of a sudden the wind blew so hard my window curtain flowed up and down..and all of a sudden there was a boy, a boy about 5 years older than me, he was standing on my window sill. I was confused as how he could have jumped up here because I live in an apartment and my apartment was on the top of another apartment and you had to take the elevator to get up here. I realized how beautiful he was... he had silky and shiny taro colored hair down to his neck, beautiful blue eyes like the clear blue water...and he was smiling..his smile....couldn't be described...it was beautiful and so comforting.."Hello, Scarlett" said the beautiful boy standing on the window sill "I've noticed.How lonely you were.But I'm here for you. I..Am the DEMON That You Have Summoned. I Am The Only One For You...I AM HOTARU." "Hotaru? Demon? That I summoned?......What's this all about.?"
"Don't worry Scarlett, you will get used to me being here, but for now hold out your hand.. I will make a contract with you.. ...Scarlett Arieta, Do you want me to stay by your side no matter what, to protect you from evil beings that fog your way through your life? There are only two answers... Yes or No. If you choose yes then so be it, But if you choose no, then I will never come back into your life, and you will continue on living in this world that darkens your life... Scarlett what do you choose? Yes. Or No." I had no idea what to choose...I didn't know weather to trust this stranger or not to trust him....