Chapter 5: Hotaru's Story

I finally finished my pancakes and decided to ask Hotaru the one question that I had come down with. "Hotaru, Why? Of All People? Why Did You Choose Me?" The moment I said that Hotaru's face became a face of fear. But then his face calmed down and Hotaru began telling his story. "Long ago, when you were little, I was only a tiny speck of darkness. A tiny dark light waiting for someone to call out for me. Then I heard you. Out of all the people on the world, I don't know how, or why, but, I heard YOUR voice. You were the only person in pain. The most horriblest pain I could ever think of. Well, there might be more horrible pain out there,but, I heard, your voice, Scarlett. It was calling out to me for help, and HOPE. The more you called out to me, the more I grew. Until now, where you have completely called out to me, for the hundredth time in your life. And now I have completely gown into a full demon. Where I am able to protect you...You couldn't see me, but I could see you. In the past, I was always looking out for you. Every time you would fall I would pick you up lightly without you knowing that I was there. Like the wind I would lift you up. Then when I was fully grown up. I saw that terrible and more terrible things happened to you... I decided to leave the underworld and enter the gateway to your world....it took a lot of work..not just any demon or monster from the underworld can escape. I had to..go through a lot of horrible things to get to you, Scarlett. I signed a contract to the underworld king to enter the gateway to your world. He told me if I can get to the gateway in 50 days then I would be able to go, but he said that if I couldn't make it to the gateway, then I would disperse, vanish,..and disappear... Every night I would sleep without rest, the sounds of horrifying creatures filled my head, screams, cries, and yells made me uncomfortable and restless. That was the work of the underworld king, he tried to make things harder for me so I wouldn't make it to your gateway. But I didn't give up.. I kept on going. It was like the whole underworld was trying to kill me, but that made sense, since the news of an underworld creature trying to escape into another world was big news for the monsters and underworld creatures. They also joined in the game... Everywhere I went there were a million eyes looking at me. Everywhere I ran they would try to grab onto me and pull me back into the underworld...I was about to die, of no hope, and no one to guide me....I hadn't heard your voice in a long time, so I thought you didn't need me anymore, Scarlett.. But, as soon as I was about to disperse, I heard it, I heard your beautiful voice calling out to me... Then I saw a light. Not a dark light, but a beautiful red light, the color was of the beautiful light was, scarlett the color of your hair and your name,and at that moment. I knew it was you calling out to me. As the light appeared the monsters and evil creatures disappeared. I followed the light for 50 days... Until, I reached a door, it was in the sky. Everywhere I realized it was blue and there were clouds. I looked down and saw water. I was standing on water, it was an amazing experience at that point for me. I walked up the stairs leading to the door. The door, it was white with beautiful glowing blue vines on it. As I turned around I saw the light, your light, the light that lead me here. I bowed down to it and said thank you. Then as I said that, the light glowed brightly. It was like the light was thanking me. The light then disappeared. I turned around and opened the door... The door to you, Scarlett." I was shocked and felt sorry for Hotaru considering all the things he went through. Hotaru sat there silently. I then wrapped my hands around him tightly. And said,"Thank You, Hotaru." As I said that I could feel Hotaru's tears on my shoulder. I wrapped him tighter. "Your Welcome, Scarlett." Hotaru said. And at that moment it started raining. Although it was raining the sky was bright, and I thought, for just a slight moment I thought I saw the beautiful red light.

My Life With The Demon, Hotaruजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें