The Moment

@kayceericespotify
Right now Kaycee is listening to 'Can I Be Him?' by James Arthur!
|
@seanxkaycee
right now kaycee is *going thru it
|
@rosesforrice
so you're telling me kayc likes james arthur too?? taste
|
@seayceebellion
it's 8:30 in the morning kaycee baby who hurt you

••

Today was the first ever full cast table-read for the Netflix series, and to say Kaycee was nervous would be a drastic understatement.

For once, her nerves actually made her wake up way earlier than necessary, so around 6:30 (she had to be to the table-read by 11:30) she was making a piping cup of hot coffee and sitting at her dining room table, mind somewhere completely different. A text message on her phone made the entire table vibrate, knocking her from whatever daydream she was having.

shithead bitch lewser:
are you up

She takes a second to contemplate whether she should just pretend to not see it and stick to zoning out into her own world. But the curious side of her brain gets the best of her, and soon she's typing anyway.

rice:
no

shithead bitch lewser:
cool you're up

shithead bitch lewser:
are you nervous too or is it just me

rice:
nope i am too. i'm scared shitless actually. i might pass out

shithead bitch lewser:
me too. and i'm exhausted. but i'm out of coffee.

She looks to the pot of coffee still remaining on her kitchen counter, enough for way more than two people to share comfortably. She then looks back at her phone, drumming her fingers along the edge in contemplation.

rice:
ugh

shithead bitch lewser:
what

rice:
just come grab some coffee before i change my mind. needy bitch

shithead bitch lewser:
i thought you'd never ask ;)

rice:
don't make me block you

After that, she doesn't receive anymore texts, so she assumes he's on the way and sits in silent anxiety. Sure, she told him to come, but she's also not really sure why she did. She just had a gut feeling.

In about 30 minutes, there was a knock on her door. She raced out of her seat to open it, nearly spilling her coffee she held tightly in her hand, and took a small look through the peephole just to be sure of who it was. Sean stood with his hands in his pockets, kicking his foot to pass the time, a bag in his hand and a backpack slung across his back. Slowly, she opened the door.

"Hi." She says quietly, bringing him back to reality. He smiles.

"Good morning. I picked up food. Hope you like..." he flips the bag over to look at the receipt taped to the back, "fluffy biscuits, crispy bacon, and home cooked eggs"

Raising her eyebrows, she opens the door further to let him in. "I love those things, actually. Thanks."

The two make their way into her kitchen, Sean looking at every picture and painting that adorned the walls of her hallways. He stopped in front of a particularly old one, his mouth open in surprise. "You still have this picture?"