The Liar

@charlizeee
does anyone know someone good at photoshop? trying to make a poster for a secret project.... shhhhh
|
@glenda.woods
i have a friend i can put you in touch with! pm me!
|
@kayceebaby
idk why but this jus sounds sketchy to me
|
@charlizesupporter
nobody asked babe :)

••

After going home last night, Kaycee had a lot of time to think.

Think about what she was planning on saying to Sean. Think about why that might be a bad idea. Think about how not all men are like the ones she's dated.

She sat in the makeup chair early the next morning with renewed enthusiasm, feeling more prepared to say something positive if Sean told her what she thought he'd tell her. Sean isn't like the other guys, right? She's known him long enough now to know that he wouldn't pull a Gabe and go after someone she didn't like. Right?

Stop overthinking, Kaycee, she repeats in her head, hoping that at some point it'll stick. When the makeup artist is finally finished, she heads out of the tiny room and into the lounge, where the crew usually sets out snacks and breakfast foods in preparation for a long day. Along with her mantra about not overthinking, she allows her brain to prep her for every possible scenario about what may happen with Sean later. What if he...

No. He won't.

But what if...

Her mind wanders as she stabs some fruit with a fork and puts them onto her plate, not really paying much attention to the other people in the room. It isn't until she hears the name "Sean" being spoken by someone else that her ears seem to tune in.

"Sean is actually pretty cute," says a voice from behind her, sounding a lot like Jade. "If he and Kaycee weren't a thing..."

A chuckle, one that isn't from Jade, comes in response to that. "Him and Kaycee aren't a thing, you know"

She can hear Jade shake her head, a silence overtaking the two people for just a moment. She wonders if they had spotted her in the corner with the fruits, hand paused mid-air over the strawberries.

But, lucky her, they hadn't. Jade replied again, "I don't know what Earth you're on, but it's pretty clear to all of us that they like each other"

And the other girl, a voice she knew sadly too well, said: "If he liked her, he wouldn't be flirting with me all the time in my DMs, now would he?"

"What?" Jade said instantly.

Kaycee, the breath having left her body, no longer cared if they noticed her standing there. She lets her fork crash onto the table and whirls around quickly, seeing that the only other people in the room are Jade and... Charlize. Heart thumping, she says loudly, "What?"

The two girls, taken by surprise by her presence, respond with a perfectly timed "What?!" in unison.

"I mean... sorry, I wasn't listening to the whole thing, I just caught the end... Sean's been flirting with you?"

Her reaction seems to be just what Charlize was hoping for, a smug look overtaking her face. Meanwhile, Jade watches Kaycee with a sad, almost pitiful gaze. Charlize shrugs, settling her chin on the palm of her hand. "Yeah, it was pretty weird because it's been going on for a while now, but I was positive you guys had something going on. Right?"