Boys

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

After class, Mal, Zoe, and Evie are in their room working on homework when Jane comes over.
"Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane explains before she sits on Evie's bed.
"Auradon," Mal answers.
"Zoe, do you like?" Evie asks as she holds up the dress she just made.
"Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes," Zoe answers her with a smile.
"I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane complains.
"Boyfriends are overrated," Zoe says with an eye roll.
"Exactly," Mal says in agreement.
"And how would you know, Zoe, Mal? You've both never had one," Evie says with a smirk.
"It's 'cause I don't need one, E," Zoe says.
"They're a waste of time," Mal agrees.
"I forgot to do Chad's homework!" Evie says with a gasp before running to grab a bag. "Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no."
"And that is exactly what I mean," Mal says causing Zoe to shake her head and smile.
"Hey, guys!" A girl says as she knocks on the open door before entering the room. "I'm Lonnie." Zoe, Mal, and Evie just look at her. "My mom's Mulan? No?Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?"
"Why would I do that for you?" Mal asks her.
"I'll pay you 50 dollars," Lonnie answers causing Zoe to smile.
"Good answer," Zoe says as Evie takes the money from Lonnie.
"I need to buy more material," Evie agrees. "Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights."
"Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's and Zoe's," Lonnie says causing Zoe to smile and play with her hair.
"Really? The split ends, too?" Evie asks causing Mal to send her a glare. Zoe shakes the money causing Mal to sigh.
"Okay... 'Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair.'," Mal reads before movie her finger causing Lonnie's head to move before her hair grows longer with curls.
"I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head," Evie says as Lonnie stares in the mirror speechless. "You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..."
"No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it," Lonnie says excitedly.
"You do?" Evie asks shocked.
"It's just..." Lonnie says before she rips her skirt on the side. "Now I'm cool."
"Like ice," Zoe says in agreement. Jane then walks in front of the mirror before ripping her skirt before gasping.
"What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!" Jane says causing Zoe to giggle.
After Jane and Lonnie left, Carlos cake over with a dog much to everyone's surprise.
"Yo-ho-ho! Hey!" Jay says as he enters the room wearing a jersey with his name on it. Zoe and Carlos both whistle at him while laughing before Jay walks over to Mal. "Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?"
"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book. If I hadn't completely struck out?" Mal asks frustrated.
"Oh, someone's in a bad mood," Carlos says causing Zoe to giggle.
"My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!" Mal says before flicking Carlos in the back of the head.
"We can do this..." Jay says gaining everyone's attention. "If we stick together." Zoe couldn't help but smile as she could see Jay turning good.
"And we won't go back until we do," Mal says firmly.
"Because we're rotten..." Zoe starts with a nod of her head.
"To the core," The others finish.
"Oh, yeah. I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go," Evie explains causing Zoe and Mal to look at her in shock. "I have nothing to wear, of course." There's a knock at the door and Mal nudges Zoe to get it. "What?"
"Hold that thought," Zoe says as she walks over to the door. She opens it to find Ben on the other side.
"Hey, Zoe," Ben says with a smile as he sees that she is the one that opened the door. Evie stands up while Mal walks over to Zoe. "I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed..."
"Not that I know of," Zoe answers with a smile before looking at the others who shake their heads no.
"Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh..." Ben says as he starts to walk away causing Mal to nudge Zoe.
"Oh, wait!" Zoe calls causing Ben to stop. "Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"
"Yeah, the whole school goes," Ben answers as he walks back over.
"Wow. That is beyond exciting," Zoe says with a sweet smile.
"Do you think that It's a possibility that the five of us could stand in the front row next to the fairy godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?" Mal asks him. Ben looks as if he wants to answer yes but he stops.
"I wish you could. Up front It's just me, my folks, and my girlfriend," Ben explains causing Zoe to frown.
"And your girlfriend?" Mal asks as she glances at Zoe.
"Yeah. I'm sorry," Ben says causing Zoe to flash him a fake smile.
"Okay. Thanks, bye," Mal says before she closes the door in his face causing Zoe to look at Mal in shock. "I think It's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend." Mal looks over at Zoe with a smirk.
"Oh no. No, no, no way," Zoe says as she turns red.
"Oh come on Zoe. He always focuses on you and not the rest of us," Evie says trying to make a point.
"Yeah and besides using you will be as easy as stealing candy from a baby," Mal adds with smirk causing Zoe to send a glare her way.
"Zoe, if you don't do it then Mal will have to," Evie says causing Zoe to let out a defeated sigh. If anyone had to steal Ben then she preferred that it would be her.
"Fine, I'll do it," Zoe agrees.
"I need a love spell," Mal says as she claps her hands for her book which Carlos throws to her.