We're Stronger Together

CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 42

"Help me, Zoe!" Celia calls out.

"Yeah, save your little friend, Zoe!" Audrey yells causing Zoe's eyes to turn purple as she is covered in black smoke before emerging as a dragon. Zoe flies to the top of the building to find Celia and Audrey. Zoe blows a fire ball at Audrey, who uses the scepter to absorb it. Audrey then tries to zap Zoe with the scepter.

"Help me, Zoe!" Celia calls as Audrey grabs her.

"Careful not to fry your little V.K. buddy," Audrey taunts Zoe, who then tries to ignite the ember with her flame.

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember," Uma says as she and Harry watch from below.

"Help me, Zoe!" Celia calls again. Audrey then zaps Zoe's wing causing her to start falling.

"We're stronger together," Uma calls as her necklace starts glowing and Zoe keeps herself from hitting the ground. "We're stronger together! I'm right here, Zoe! Regain your might and ignite. I'm right here, girl. I'm right here. Regain your might and ignite!" Zoe holds out the ember and it regains it's glow.

"Yes!" Harry cheers as Uma laughs excitedly.

"You want a piece of this, huh?" Audrey taunts Celia.

"No, no!" Celia cries as she cowers. Zoe appears behind Audrey, who turns towards her laughing evilly. Audrey tries to zap Zoe but she uses the power of the ember to fight back as her eyes start shining blue.

"Go, Zoe!" Celia cheers.

"Go, Zoe! You got this! You got this, girl!" Uma cheers on from below. The ember starts to over power the scepter and with a mighty roar from Zoe, the ember wins.

"Yeah! Come on!" Harry cheers before he and Uma hug. Zoe is covered in blue smoke as she lands on the roof.

"Zoe!" Celia says as she runs and hugs Zoe.

"Celia. It's okay. I've got you," Zoe says as she hugs her back. Zoe then walks over to Audrey, who hasn't moved. "Audrey? Oh, no." Zoe tries to use the ember to wake her before he father's voice plays in her head, 'You're only half Hades. The ember won't do everything for you that it does for me.'

Ben, Evie, Carlos, Dude, Mal, and Jay are no longer stone.

"Come on. Let's go," Ben tells them.

"She's slipping away," Evie says from where she sits beside Mal. Zoe sits on the other side of Audrey's bed, as they watch over her. Zoe shares a look with Mal before letting out a sigh.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades," Zoe explains.

"Hades?" Ben asks. "He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it."

"Actually, he might do it for me. He's my father," Zoe tells him causing everyone to look at her in shock.

"And if he doesn't do it for her then he should do it for me, since he's my father as well," Mal explains causing everyone to look even more shocked.

"Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him," Ben says as he tries to process everything.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride," Uma tells him. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then, you will need your first mate," Harry says as he walks over to Uma.

"The Isle will be in very good hands," Zoe tells Uma with a smile.

"Can Felicity and I go, too? I wish we could be in both places," Celia asks causing Zoe to look down sadly. This was all her fault and she had to find a way to fix it somehow.

"I really think that Evie and Mal were right," Zoe says as she stands up. "And... I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that."

"You were just trying to do the right thing," Jay tells her.

"Yeah," Uma agrees before Zoe looks over to Evie sadly.

"I get it," Evie says as she stands as well.