How Do We Keep Evil Out Of Auradon?

CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER 35

The next morning, Zoe and Ben meet with Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother.

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast starts. "The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out."

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother adds.

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast finishes.

"I really feel like this is my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon," Zoe says as she looks at Ben.

"You did, you do protect Auradon," Ben tries to reassure her.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, Hades," Beast explains before Ben's phone goes off.

"Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen," Ben says after checking his phone. Belle and Fairy Godmother let out gasps of shock.

"Uma?" Beast accuses.

"We don't know that, Dad," Ben argues.

"When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses. What do we tell them?" Belle says before looking at Zoe. "Zoe? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

"I think that there's only one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there..." Zoe starts explaining. Her head was telling this would be the best option but her heart is fighting against it. "can't be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier... forever." Beast and Fairy Godmother nod in agreement.

"No," Ben says.

"Son," Beast tries.

"No," Ben says as he turns around.

"Ben," Zoe calls as Ben walks away.

"No, no, no, no," Ben says as Zoe follows him.

"Ben. Hey," Zoe says getting him to stop. "I do not want to take away your dream. Because it was so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you. But as King, and as Queen what's our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Ben answers her sadly. "But do you know what would this mean? All those kids? Are you prepared for that?"

"I know what it means and no, I'm not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice," Zoe answers him as she holds back tears.

"Son?" Beast calls causing them to look at him. "Zoe's right."

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened," Zoe explains.

Zoe goes to Evie's starter castle, 'Evie's 5Hearts'.

"Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Mal asks Zoe.