Did I Mention

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

Zoe, Mal, and Evie were all in the bleachers beside Lonnie as they watched the game.
"Ohayohay!" The cheerleaders cheer.
"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood falcons, two. The fighting knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals," The announcer says. "The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone. The dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire." Zoe, Mal, and Evie cheer as they see Jay And Carlos run onto the field.
"He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the isle of the lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield," The announcer explains. "When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. Jay makes a nice pass to prince Ben through the kill zone. Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Philip the falcons' goalkeeper!" Zoe and Lonnie grab hands through all of the suspenseful parts. "23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay." Zoe and Lonnie grab onto each other as they watch Jay hit the ball off of Carlos' shield before getting the ball back. "He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it!" Zoe, Lonnie, and Evie let out squeals of joy causing Mal to cover her ears and roll her eyes. "What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And It's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn..." Ben quickly grabs the microphone without thinking. His only thoughts were on Zoe.
"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" Ben says causing the crowd to go silent. Mal, Zoe, and Evie look at each other shocked. "There's something I'd like to say. Give me an 'Z'!"
"'Z'" The crows repeats.
"Give me an 'O'," Ben says while making an O.
"'O'" The crowd repeats.
"Give me an 'E'!" Ben says while making an E.
"'E'" The crowd repeats.
"What does that spell?" Ben asks while Zoe stands frozen in shock.
"Zoe!" The crowd cheers.
"Come on, I can't hear you!" Ben says.
"Zoe!" The crowd cheers with Evie and Lonnie telling directly at Zoe.
"I love you, Zoe! Did I mention that?" Ben says causing Zoe to look between Evie and Mal shocked. "Give me a beat! Whoo!"
"Uno, dos, tres, quatro!" Doug sings before the band starts playing.
"Oh, my God!" Evie says at the same time Mal says "Cookie!"
"What was in that cookie?" Zoe asks before Ben starts singing.
"Did I mention that
I'm in love with you?
And did I mention
there's nothing I can do?
And did I happen to say
I dream of you every day
Well, let me"
"shout it out loud" The crowd sings along. "If that's okay, hey, hey
Hey!
If that's okay
Hey!" The tourney team and cheerleaders start dancing along with Ben.
"I met this girl that rocked my
world like It's never been rocked
Now I'm living just for her
and I won't ever stop
I never thought that it could
happen to a guy like me
But now look at what you've done,
you got me down on my knees
Because my love for you
is ridiculous
I never knew
Who knew?
That it could be like this
My love for you is
ridiculous
Ridiculous
My love
is r-I-d-I-c-u-l-o-u-s
R-I-d-I-c-u-l-o-u-s
It's...
Ridiculous
Just...
Ridiculous
And I would give my kingdom
for just one kiss
Well, did I mention
I'm in love with you?
And did I mention
there's nothing I can do?
And did I happen to say
I dream of you every day
Well, let me shout it
out loud If that's okay
Yeah, If that's okay
Hey!
I gotta know which way to
go, come on, give me a sign
You gotta show me that you're
only ever gonna be mine
Don't wanna go another
minute livin' without you
'Cause If your heart just isn't
in it, I don't know what I'd do" Zoe covers her mouth in shock as some of the tourney team throw Ben forward.
"Because my love for you is
ridiculous
Ridiculous
I never knew
Who knew?
That it could be like this
My love for you
is ridiculous
My love
is r-I-d-I-c-u-l-o-u-s
R-I-d-I-c-u-l-o-u-s
It's...
Ridiculous
Just...
Ridiculous
And I would give my kingdom
for just one kiss
Come on, now!
Oh, yeah!
Yow!
All right" Ben takes his jersey off before throwing it to Zoe, who catches it and hugs it to her chest.
"Hey!
All right
Hey!
Because my love for you
is ridiculous
I never knew
Who knew?" Ben then starts riding the horse mascot.
"That it could be like this
My love for you is
ridiculous" He falls off and the male cheerleaders catch him.
"Ridiculous
My love
is r-I-d-I-c-u-l-o-u-s
R-I-d-I-c-u-l-o-u-s" The cheerleaders then throw Ben into the bleachers where a group of guys catch him. He then starts crowd surfing his way to Zoe.
"It's...
Ridiculous
Just...
Ridiculous
And I would give my kingdom
for just one kiss
Come on, now!" Zoe tries to get away but Evie quickly turns her to face Ben as he lands in front of her. Ben goes in for a kiss but Zoe quickly puts his jersey between them. So, Ben hugs her instead.
"I love you, Zoe! Did I mention that?" Ben asks her as the crowd cheers before Audrey takes the microphone away from him.
"Chad's my boyfriend now! And I'm going to the coronation with him. So I don't need your pity date," Audrey explains before kissing Chad.
"Zoe! Will you go to the coronation with me?" Ben asks as he grabs the microphone back.
"Yes!" Zoe says excitedly.
"She said yes!" Ben says causing the crowd to cheer and for Audrey to leave.
"Let's go, Ben. The whole team's
waiting for you," Jay says as he reaches them before pulling Ben away.
"Bye," Zoe calls before looking at the jersey in her hands. "Whoo!" Zoe then notices Evie's hurt expression.
"What a victory. What a day
for the Auradon knights, finally winning back the trophy after so many years," The announcer explains.
"I feel really sorry for Audrey," Zoe says.
"You do?" Evie asks her.
"Yeah. I feel like If she were talented like you, and she knew how to sew and knew beauty tips, that she wouldn't need a prince to make her feel better about herself," Zoe explains and Mal nods in agreement.
"I guess I am kind of talented," Evie says with a smile.
"You are definitely gifted," Mal says and Zoe nods in agreement.
"Thanks, Z, M," Evie says as she and Zoe hug.
"And there he is. Jay, the most valuable player. How do you like that?" The announcer says causing Zoe, Mal, and Evie to cheer.