Part 7

Mishti:Ruhaan...say why you introduced me as your wife to your friends?Why you changed my name to Pari?

Ruhaan:Because...

Mishti:Because?

Ruhaan:Because my wife Pari is a village gawar.How can I introduce her to my friends as my wife?
They will be expecting a modern classy woman as my wife.Not a gawar like my real wife Pari.You have those qualities.That's why I asked you to act as my wife Pari.
Mishti was shocked.
He smiled in a sleepy manner:Thank you so much Mishti for helping me Mishti.

Mishti caressed his head emotionally:It's ok Ruhaan.
Seeing his condition Mishti took him back to their room and placed him on the bed.

The next morning...

Ruhaan found himself on the bed when he woke up.Then he saw Mishti sleeping on the couch.
He remembered drinking at the pub and confessing about his wife to Mishti.
Ruhaan:Oh no...did I tell everything to Mishti?
Mishti woke up.She saw Ruhaan looking at her.
Mishti:Why are you staring at me Ruhaan?
Ruhaan:Mishti...last night..whatever I told you...
Mishti stared at him:Don't say that it was a joke.Because when people are drunk they cannot lie.You are married.Your wife's name is Pari.
Ruhaan was embarrassed.
Mishti:Just because she is not modern and is from a village you are ashamed to introduce her as your wife to your friends.Chee.What an arrogant attitude!Poor Pari.
Ruhaan smiled emotionally:I knew that you will react like this.That's why I hid it from you.No one will believe me as I am a man and Pari is a woman.

Ruhaan:But the truth is that she is not that good like you think.If she was a well mannered girl I would have forgotten the fact that she is a village girl and introduced her to my friends.But she is a witch who pretends to be innocent.She tortures me mentally and pretends to be perfect before dadi.I hate her.
Mishti was shocked.
Ruhaan:Trust me Mishti....I am not lying.When I am at home I have no peace because of Pari.But when I am with my friends I feel peace of mind.
Mishti felt bad for him.
Mishti:I am sorry Ruhaan.I misunderstood you.
She held his hand:Don't worry.Everything will be alright.I hope you will get relief from your loveless marriage too.
Ruhaan looked at her emotionally.They shared an emotional eye lock.
Ruhaan:Thank you Mishti.Your words gave me relief.
She smiled slightly.

They got ready to go back.
Ruhaan gave her the cheque of 15 lakhs.
Ruhaan:After today we may not see each other.

Mishti:Ya..
They looked at each other emotionally.

Ruhaan and Mishti bid good bye to Veer-Aanvi and Arnav-Manjari.
Ruhaan-Mishti started to travel back to their place.
Ruhaan stopped the car at a place as per Mishti's instruction.
Mishti:I will catch a taxi and go from here.I need to meet my friends in between.

Ruhaan:Are you sure?

Mishti:Yes.Bye.
Ruhaan:Bye.
They looked at each other emotionally feeling an unknown pain.

Ruhaan thought:Why i feel sad to part ways with Mishti?
Mishti thought:I feel so strange.Why?
Mishti walked off.Ruhaan drove his car.

Mishti walked to her house.She entered a Mansion where she belonged to.Her father was sitting there.
Mishti:Dad...Ruhaan gave me money as I was his hired bride.15 lakhs.It's not a big amount.Still it's a relief for us.When they get this much money itself they will spare our Mansion for some time.Slowly slowly we can play the full amount.
Mishti's father took the cheque from her.
He caressed her head:Good job beta.I am proud of you.If you were not there we would have been in distress.We would have lost everything.I am blessed to have a daughter like you.
She smiled.