Part 9

Ruhaan extended the red roses to Mishti:I love you Mishti.Will you marry me?
Mishti was shocked.
Suddenly Mishti snatched the red roses from him and threw them down.Ruhaan was shocked.
Ruhaan:Mishti!
Mishti:What kind of a person you are Ruhaan?I thought you have some good traits in you.But I was wrong.You never believed in love and marriage?Then why did you marry Pari?You love me?You want to marry me when you are still married to Pari?You want to cheat your wife and be with me?Then what will be my position?A mistress?

Ruhaan:Mishti...you are misunderstanding me.I never loved Pari.I married her only for wealth.
Mishti was shocked:What?
Ruhaan revealed to Mishti about his grand father's will that only if he marries before the age of 25 he can get his wealth,otherwise he will lose it.
Mishti was shocked.
Ruhaan:Ours is a loveless marriage.Only after one year I can divorce Pari.That's my pathetic condition.If I leave her before that I will lose the wealth I have right on.Please try to understand.After a year I will marry you.I promise.Because i really love you.

Mishti:How long will you lead a luxurious life depending on the ancestral property?Why don't you earn and live?Ruhaan got a reality check now

Ruhaan got a reality check now.
Mishti:Then i will think about your proposal.
She walked off.
Ruhaan:Mishti...
Mishti did not mind him.
Mishti thought:Why I feel bad to ignore him?

Ruhaan reached home.He was frustrated with Mishti's reaction.He saw Pari arranging clothes.

She heard his foot steps.She:You came back...

In anger he threw them on the floor.Mishti veiled her face.
Mishti:What is this?
Ruhaan:Because of you only i lost everything.If you had not entered my life I would not have lost my gem.
Mishti thought:Oh so he is blaming me for losing me.Ridiculous.
Mishti:You only married me.I did'nt threaten you to marry me.
Ruhaan:That's my biggest mistake.I wish I had'nt done that for money.
Mishti:Money?I don't know what you are saying.But you messed up the clothes I arranged.So you yourself have to fold them and keep them properly.
Ruhaan:My foot!I won't.
Mishti:You have to do it Ruhaan.
Radhika came:What happened?
Mishti:Dadi..see Ruhaanji threw the clothes down.
Radhika:Ruhaan...small fights happen among married couples.But you behaved like this?How much effort did Pari take to arrange this?It's your fault.So you arrange these clothes.

Ruhaan:Dadi..but...

Radhika:Do what i say Ruhaan.
Ruhaan starting arranged clothes.Radhila left the room.Mishti giggled.
Ruhaan was irritated:You are having a lot of fun seeing it.Right?But it won't last for long Pari.Don't try to do too much of drama.Before dadi Ruhaanji and when we are alone you are so rude.
Mishti:Because you have not done anything to earn my respect.Poor dadi is managing the business now also and you are just enjoying life.
Suddenly Ruhaan remembered Mishti also telling him to earn and live.He left the room in frustration.
Mishti unveiled her face with a smirk.
Mishti:I did right by taunting him.He deserves it.

Mishti remembered how Ruhaan said that he married Pari only for wealth.
Mishti:Such a cheap person you are.If you had married an innocent girl instead of me poor girl's life would have been spoiled.You married for money.Right?I will make you regret marrying.
Mishti added salt in Ruhaan's tea.With a smirk she kept it on the table and left.Ruhaan started sipping it.
Ruhaan:Such a horrible tea.It's full of salt.
Mishti who was watching it from behind the wall was chuckling.
Radhika:It's not possible.Pari made it.
Ruhaan:Oh ..I am sure that she did it purposefully as she likes troubling me.
Radhika:Stop it Ruhaan.Pari can't even think of doing it.She is a girl with golden heart.
Mishti's heart was pricked due to guilt.
Mishti thought:Dadi is trusting me so much,but I am betraying her.

Ruhaan thought:No use of telling.Dadi won't believe it as that nautanki has trapped dadi in her sweet goody drama.
Ruhaan:Dadi..can I tell you something?
Radhika:Yes.But nothing against Pari.
Ruhaan:Not about Pari.Till now I always ran away from my responsibilities.Now i think I should be more responsible.You take rest.I will handle the business.

Radhika was surprised:I can't tell you how happy I am Ruhaan beta.

She hugged him.
Radhika thought:Will Ruhaan be able to manage the business?He is still immature.but at least he is willing to try.I am very happy.

Ruhaan ironed the best shirt for presentation.
Mishti:I can never forget that you are a crazy man who married me for money and is planning to ditch me after getting what you want.I can never let you live in peace.
She kept the hot iron box on the shirt with a smirk.
Mishti:Now it will be thrilling to watch the after effects.

Ruhaan came and saw his shirt being burnt.
Ruhaan:Oh no..how did this happen?Did the iron box fell over it by mistake?But I had switched off the iron box.Then how did it happen?

Mishti watched it secretly with a smirk.

Ruhaan:Anyways leave it.
He took another shirt and wore it.

Ruhaan came back home and hugged Radhika.
Ruhaan:My presentation was successful and we got the deal dadi.

Radhika was surprised:Really?It's such a great news.I am proud of you beta.

Ruhaan smiled.

Ruhaan met Mishti.
Ruhaan:Like you told me I am working hard and trying to stand on my own feet.
Mishti thought:Just because of my words Ruhaan is changing himself for good.Does he really love me?
Ruhaan:Now tell me Mishti.Will you marry me?
Mishti:Ruhaan...I can't take a decision so fast.You just started your journey.Let me observe you for more time.After some months I will inform you my decision.

Ruhaan:Ok.By that time my divorce with village gawar Pari will also be over and there won't be any hurdles in our life.
Mishti got irritated.

She thought:Just because Pari is a village girl you want to get rid of her and marry a stylish girl

She thought:Just because Pari is a village girl you want to get rid of her and marry a stylish girl.Such a mentally sick person Ruhaan is!For you Pari is only a tool to get the wealth you want.As pari I will not give you divorce easily Ruhaan.You should lead a restless life for a long time.You should not get your love so easily.

Months were passing....

Pari had told Radhika about her father Maninder's fiancial issues and kept extracting money from Radhika.Though Ruhaan did not like it he did'nt stop it as he felt that Maninder is nice,so he should not be punished for his spoilt daughter Pari's deeds.

Mishti and Rakesh(Maninder)were sitting together and sipping wine.
Rakesh:All our debts are paid off.I am so happy Mishti.All credits to you.

Mishti:I also got benefit dad.Because of my double role drama I could lead a luxurious life like before.

Rakesh:Now our business is fine.So luxury is back to us beta.As per our plan after getting the luxurious life back you can divorce Ruhaan.
Mishti:My decision was to divorce Ruhaan after using him.But now I don't want to divorce him dad.
Rakesh was shocked.
Rakesh:Did you start loving Ruhaan and is that why you don't want to divorce him?
His words touched her heart.
Mishti:No dad.I can't love him.I hate his manly ego.I hate his attitude towards women.As Pari I keep troubling him.I want to continue it.He does'nt deserve a peaceful life.He should not easily get rid of Pari and get what he wants.
Suddenly she thought:Am I over reacting?Like Ruhaan even I am using Ruhaan only for money.That means we both are equally wrong.Then why am I taking this meaningless revenge on Ruhaan?
She was confused.
Rakesh was dull:I don't know why Mishti.Somehow I feel something is wrong somewhere.After getting what we wanted as per our plan also I am not feeling happy.
Mishti:Even I feel the same.Is it because we achieved what we wanted through wrong ways?
Rakesh looked at her with guilt.

Mishti kept a jug of water on the table.
She thought:What right do I have to take revenge on Ruhaan as I am also doing the same mistake he does.We both are money hungry people.Now I feel so bad.I feel ashamed of myself of snatching money through cheating.I think i should reveal the truth to dadi and Ruhaan.I can't play with their emotions anymore.
Ruhaan thought:I valued money more than relationship.So I married Pari.However horrible Pari is what I did to her was injustice.I should not have married her for money.May be because of the sin I did God gave me a trouble maker wife like Pari.From Mishti I learnt the value of relationship.I realized that relationship is more important than money.I don't need any property through this fake marriage.I should apologize to Pari.
He went to the room.By mistake Mishti's hand hit the jug and water fell on the file near by.
Ruhaan was shocked to see it.
Ruhaan:How dare you Pari?You have always caused problems for me purposefully to hurt me.I know that.Still i kept silent for dadi.But now you spoiled an important file.
Mishti:Sorry Ruhaan.I did'nt do it purposefully.By mistake my hand hit the jug.
Ruhaan:Don't pretend to be innocent Pari.I know that you did it to trouble me.But i will not accept my defeat.I will work again and rebuild this.
Mishti:No Ruhaan.I did'nt do it purposefully.Please trust me.
Ruhaan:Trust you?You are the last woman I can trust you.You village gawar!
Mishti got angry hearing him call her Village gawar.
Mishti:How dare you call me like that?You monster..useless fellow...money looked guy...
Ruhaan lost his temper and pulled her hand aggressively.In that process her duppatta which covered her face fell down.

Her face got revealed to Ruhaan.Ruhaan stared at her face with shock.
His lips shivered:Mishti!
Mishti did not know how to react.

His lips shivered:Mishti!Mishti did not know how to react