c h a p t e r S I X

My fingers wove between each other, squeezed, released and refolded as I walked into the dreamy restaurant. My belt was on way too tight but it's the only thing making this outfit look good.

     Different food smells caused my stomach to grumble but I mentally shushed it as my eyes scanned the busy seafood restaurant. All sorts of people filled the business; from some fellow foreigners laughing with their friends to good looking natives. My fingers went white with the knot in my abdomen as I noticed a few people glancing at me. God, I'm so self-conscious, I thought to myself as I finally met eyes with familiar brown eyes.

    I cringed internally as my feet moved forward, watching him watch at me, with the full awareness of the slight wobble of calves. Ugh.

     "I'm glad you came," were the first words to fall from his lips and I grinned. "Don't speak too soon," I chuckled nervously, waiting as he surprisingly pulled my chair out for me for me to sit. "Thank you."

     His gaze seemed so intense when he sat across from me but that was all in my head, in reality he was probably wondering why I looked so weirdly at him.

     "What would you like to drink?" I gulped. My mind leaned towards an alcoholic beverage to ease my tension but that'd give him a bad impression so I just opted for water.

     The candlelight flickered across his face as he grinned at me, asking me plentiful questions to which I hope I answered perfectly. I really need this to work out in my favour.

     Our meals came and the night dragged on, my nerves still as prominent as when I left my dorm to come to this interview. Sweat still traced down my spine and the fabric of my blouse scratched the nape of my neck. The air conditioning of the Japanese cuisine helped a lot more than nothing at all but I could tell my makeup didn't look as good as it did when I first got here.

     "Well, this was lovely Choi. I've had multiple interviews with a lot of candidates today but none of them quite had your wit. I'd like for you to attend our academy and despite your part-time application, we'd welcome you full-time too." My body went numb for a few seconds as I processed what he said and the biggest smile I've ever had spread across my face.

     "Oh wow!" I breathed out in exasperation. "I was honestly expecting the worst this whole interview," he chuckled, nodding as if acknowledging how it feels to apply with the risk of failure. "And as much as I'd absolutely love to dance full-time, I have other secondary commitments." I grinned widely and he nodded.

     Soon after, we bid goodbye and went our separate ways. I thought about how I was accepted to the best art school in Korea and how I, Choi, started in a months time doing something I've always loved: expressing myself through movement and music.

[ Hey :) please make that white star orange and comment down below on your thoughts! I hope you enjoyed this chapter

This was a pretty bad filler chapter but I hope you still enjoyed it lmao <3

AHHH JACKSON'S ALBUM!!!! LISTEN TO ITTTT AAHHHH]