c h a p t e r E L E V E N

The DJ told everyone that he was almost done and everyone made some type of noise in disagreement. I, myself, yelled no in Korean with my broken pronunciation but I was too drunk to care.

     I went all out to the last song. All those dancing schools my mom took me to seemed to paid off as a circle formed around me like in those dance movies, Step Up, as if I was going to battle someone. My eyes would close at times, letting the music guide me instead of my sight and overthinking. This felt more natural than walking to me. To rise in a jump and meet the floor in a slide never made me feel more comfortable and happy in my skin. I've never been one for praising myself, but I take a lot of pride in my dancing.

     The DJ commentated over the speakers but I hadn't heard a thing; my mind too preoccupied in the moment.

     Next thing I know, someone's present is joined next to me. I stopped my movements and stared at the boy doing moves I could only dream of. He was spinning around and one moment he was on the floor, and the next spinning on his head. I watched in awe. For the rest of the song, I just gaped in admiration along with everyone else. He was good. And as much as I am prideful of my dance, I had to admit that he was better than me.

     The DJ bid goodnight and another one took the stage with boring 2008 house music. "Wow, you're really good." I gushed at the guy. His eyes met mine, he smiled shyly and nodded in respect. I realise that I was speaking English to someone who didn't understand. "고맙습니다. Thank you,"
He replied in a shy manner, his accent thick on the English and I smiled warmly at him. I nodded respectfully at him before heading off to search for Kyoto.

     People swarmed in and out of my line of sight before it landed on a familiar face with dark purple hair running down to her shoulders. "Where have you been hiding?" I teased and she rolled her, nudging me with her shoulder lightly before enquiring, "Let's go?"

     I respond in taking her hand and taking us towards the exit of the club. If you'd told me last year that I'd be clubbing in Korea I'd throw something at you and tell you to stop messing with me — mainly for the clubbing part.

      During the walk home I couldn't get my mind off the memory of the last time I'd gone out with Kyoto. Well, more of someone.

     Naturally my hand reached into my pocket and, before my slow processing brain could understand what I was doing, I held it to my ear. The ringing went on for what felt like ten minutes and as I was about to give up, he answered.

     "안녕하세요?" His voice echoed.

     "Heyyyy," I cheered, my drunken state peeking through.

     "Where are you?"

     I ignored the question and decided to do the logical thing. "You're so hot."

[ Hey :) please make that white star orange and comment down below on your thoughts! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) ]