c h a p t e r S E V E N

Every time my feet met the floor, tapping echoed through the empty halls. Not that I could hear anything besides the stressed beating of my heart beating in my ears and the tension in my shoulders and chest. Breathe.

     Nothing scares me more than a big empty building, at night, with the chance of being attacked by either a demon or another living form. The more space I felt behind me the more I quickened my pace, feeling like there was an unholy beast stalking me. I felt like a child basically running down the dark hallway and out the door, scared of the shadows.

     As soon as I shut the door I avoided peeking in the building and just focused on watching my feet as I treaded home.

     Two sneakered feet entered my range of sight and my throat tightened. My nerves felt like they were cutting off my supply of oxygen and clogging my bloodstream to all my limbs. My skin was tingling and I cursed under my breath. Not now.

     I started jogging, accidentally shouldering the person, and tried to get to the university as quickly as I could. The person called my name but the only thing that was on my mind was not having an 'episode', as shrinks like to call it, in a place I still get lost in with no one to help. I was halfway there when my legs gave in and I fell. No.

     I lay there, tears swelling my eyes, but I had to get up. Frustratedly, I wiped my eyes and started running again, this time I couldn't see where I was going and followed my instincts.

     That's what got me in my dorm safely - my gut - at this point. As soon as the lock latched closed I let my tense body meet the floor. I felt so alone, as if I was falling down an abyss and the only thing reaching for me was the demons from hell calling my name. I shut my eyes, hoping it'd help pass but my cheeks flushed hot and my body suddenly felt as if it was on fire. With my arms I lift my shirt over my head and my legs kicked off my pants. Sweat saturated down my back, my fingers tingled and my throat felt as if I was having an allergic reaction to the air filling my lungs.

     Nothing could help me now. I was in a place with no one to help me. I was truly alone in one of the most populated cities in the world.

[ Hey :) please make that white star orange and comment down below on your thoughts! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Can you guess what I'm listening to? I'll link the music video in the next chapter & shout out whoever's gets it right ;) ]