c h a p t e r N I N E T E E N

The icicles that flaked on my cheek irritated the skin and flushed it even more. This was the first snow I'd ever experienced whilst being my only day too.

      Mark's arm never left my waist from when we got out the car up and I don't think he planned on to any time soon either.

     "Choi," Mark called for my attention. "About the other day... I like you. A lot. This is pretty bad timing but I thought I made it obvious enough. I- I know you love it here and I want you to stay. Please don't go back home. I promise to make it worth your while. I just need more time with you and you'll see-"

     "I already see. This experience has taught me so much already-"

"There's so much more to learn. I'll take you to my favourite hotpot place and I'll even teach you more Korean-"

     "Mark," My hands came up to the sides of his face, holding him as I coaxed his temples. "I have a family to go back to. I haven't seen them in 8 months. I miss them. I'll come back one day, I promise. You also have my number so we can talk every day."

     He stayed silent, his eyes just studying my face as if to absorb every inch and detail to somehow etch my face into his memory forever. He was treating this like some tragic love story when this was the first chapter of us seeing each other as more than just friends. We were seeing each other with a new set of eyes and instead of being excited he was saddened.

     "Promise?" His hands met yours and he closed his eyes, bring your knuckles to his lips. "I'll miss you."

     "You'll miss me or having me feed your ego?" You teased, feeling a smile strach onto your lips when he opened his eyes in shock.

     He licked his lips before replying shyly, "Both?"

     Your lips formed a syllable to reply when the intercom demanded your attendance and you pulled Mark into a tight hug. For one last time you breathed in his cologne, allowing it to fill your lungs and fog your mind so you could think of him during your 27 hour flight.

     Some might disagree with the fact that I didn't look at him when I pulled away from him, or even all the way to departure. I couldn't bare to see him. If I had I would've stayed. I would've been selfish and remained in a foreign country, far away from my family and anyone from my life up until eight months ago. I am many things but completely selfish was not one on the list.

[ Hey :) please make that white star orange and comment down below on your thoughts! I hope you enjoyed this chapter

THE END]

🎉 Tapos mo nang basahin ang 🕊 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂 🕊 M.T ✓ 🎉