Chapter One

BEEP BEEP

You groan as your alarm starts blaring in your ear to awaken you. You grumble curses to yourself as you tried desperately to muster up enough strength to turn the damned thing off.

BEEP BEEP

Your hand finally moves and you swing it to smash the button on the alarm. “Fuck you!” you Express to yourself and your alarm clock. You sign and swing yourself out of bed, your messy hair gathering in your face. You sigh, hop off of the edge of your bed, and head towards your clothset. You pick out a simple black hoodie with the words “fuck off” on it in white embroidery and find a pair of galaxy leggings, you stand there and think for a second. “I definitely need to shower… right?” You lift your arm up over your head and take a hefty whiff and your face contorts immediately, “Right.” 

You throw your clothes onto your bed and head towards the shower, hopefully this time around the hot water will be running. You start the stream of water and start to undress yourself, the steam of the water already rising. You step over the tub and into the hot stream of water and begin to wash your hair and body. Once the grime has washed off of your body and down the drain you turn the water off, grab your towel, and quickly dry off in the tub. You step back over the tub and to the mirror, you wipe off the steam and stare at yourself.

“Man, my hair is a straight up mess.” You sigh for what feels like the hundredth time this morning and start brushing through the wet locks, the pain is nothing anymore considering your hair tends to get knotted easily and often. After the brush has successfully been forced through all of your hair, you brush your teeth with the nastiest tasting toothpaste you've ever had and move on to putting your clothes on. You decide last minute to throw on a black beanie that sort of matches the hoodie, but not quite the same black color. You put on your different colored socks and slip on some worn down black Converse, the perfect recovering emo chick look.

As you plug your earbuds into your phone, you get a message from an unknown number.

'Hey, this is the guy from last night. I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime.'

You roll your eyes, “I don't even remember what happened last night.” You don't even bother messaging the dude back, he'll get the hint. With your earbuds plugged into your ears and some sort of shitty music blaring, bag slinged around your shoulder, and cringey Snapchat streaks sent, you're off to your first class of the day.