Chapter Nine

It didn't take long after you officially got fucked up that John decided it was time for you to go home, you were complaining about being tired too. While in the car all you did was look out the window, the night sky was so pretty. When you arrived at your building, John got out and then rushed over to your side. He helped you out and helped you into your building and all the way to your dorm room. You stumbled the whole way there, leaning on him for balance. You couldn't even open your door, John had to do that for you too. He helped you all the way to your bed, he even took off your shoes for you. He's so sweet. You smile and blush slightly, he looks up at you and smiles. "Alright, I'm going to go now. You sleep tight." He turns around but you stop him, "Why don't you just stay here tonight?" John turns and sighs, "Because you're drunk and will probably think we had sex again." A giggle leaves your lips and you look up at him, "If I think that then I'd probably be happy." John's eyes widen, a blush forms on his cheeks.

It's crazy to think that he could understand a word you were saying, everything mended together into one word almost. Maybe he's used to listening to stammering like this, he'd have to be to be friends with the Misfits though, so it makes sense. Another sigh leaves his lips and he shrugs, "If I do stay here, I'm sleeping on the floor." You nod your head and lay down on your bed, "Extra blankies are in my closet." You yawn and watch as he retrieves some blankets and pillows, proceeding to lay on the carpeted floor. You smile, "Night dood." You hear him chuckle, "Goodnight to you too, dood."

It was dark and stuffy, the air was suffocating. You were running, your legs were burning. Hallway after hallway you twisted and turned, not too sure what you were running from. All you knew was that you were scared and you had to get away from it. As you kept running you started to realize that the hallways had no doors or windows, it was like a maze. You were so confused, how did you get here? There was a sudden scraping noise behind you, your heart started beating even faster. You swiftly turn down a hallway and continue running, your lungs burning the same as your legs. You notice a door, an exit. With one last ounce of adrenaline you ran faster, not noticing the scraping growing nearer. You reach for the doorknob as you were reaching your escape, the scraping had stopped as your hand grasped the doorknob. As you opening the door your were pulled down to the ground, a sudden scream leaving your lips. You see that the outside world was waiting for you passed the door frame, you see the sun shining and the people walking around happily. You try screaming for help but no one is listening, you're being dragged away. You try kicking the thing off of you, but when you looked at what was dragging you back to the beginning you saw nothing there. You quickly stood up and turned towards the door, it was gone. As you turned around looking for your escape you see nothing. You start to scream, panicking. A sudden pain erupts on your head, you were struck by something. As your vision starts to blur you notice the scraping again, you can't move or scream. A darkness fills your vision as you feel your death coming near.

You jolt up from your sleep, heart racing, and skin soaked in sweat. You look around the room, it's your dorm room. A relieved sigh leaves your lips, you were safe. Looking out your window you notice that it's still dark out, you lay back down and try falling back asleep. Your nerves obviously didn't allow that to happen, you needed to feel safe and there was nothing in this room that would make you feel safe. You turn in your half attempt at falling asleep, only to remember that John was sleeping on your floor. Contemplating whether or not you should wake him up you were spooked by a sudden noise from outside. Acting on instinct instead of actually thinking about your actions, you hop out of your bed and lay on the floor next to your sleeping friend. After the fright subsides you realize that you should probably go back to your bed, you were about to stand up when an arm slings itself around your waist. Your eyes widened, what was he doing? Did he wake up? You try wiggling out of his grasp, only for it to tighten and for him to pull you closer to his chest. Your heart was beating quickly again, this was weird and kind of crazy, right? You couldn't just here like this, but how are you supposed to get out of this truly sticky situation? You decide to wait for him to turn to his other side, that way you could just stand up without waking him up. This was a great plan and there's no way it could fail.

Your plan failed miserably. You ended up falling asleep after two minutes of waiting for John to move. As you woke up you realized that John never moved throughout the night, also that you were still in this awkward situation. You start thinking of what to do next, only to hear a yawn leave John's mouth. The panic started setting in, you had to think fast. What was a good excuse? Maybe say you fell out of your bed during the night? Or maybe you could stand up right now before he noticed? You nod to yourself and begin the motions of standing up, only to be stopped by a sudden question. "What are you doing down here?" With a sigh of defeat, you flip around and face him. Speaking as quickly as your tired brain allowed you to, you tried telling him what happened in the least embarrassing way possible, "I had a nightmare last night and couldn't fall back asleep and then a noise outside scared me and out of instinct I laid down next to you. I tried getting back up after realizing what I did but then you wrapped your arms around me and I was trapped in your sleepy grasp." 

As you look up at John you see his smirk, you glare at him which only makes him laugh. "It's not funny! I was so scared and then embarrassed! I not only had a stressful night but I also could have died!" John continues to laugh at you, which makes you huff out in slight anger. Your roll back around and grumble to yourself that you're going to just leave if you're going to get laughed at. Once again while trying to stand up, you're stopped. "No don't go. You're comfy." A blush creeps up on your cheeks and you turn back around, looking him in the eyes. You both just kind of smile at each other for awhile, not saying anything. What was this? What were you doing? Why does this feel so… right? What was it about John that made you feel this way? What was it you were even feeling? 

Were you falling for John?